• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chael's Suspension up in 2 Days

I still think there is too much money on the table for ol' Chael not to come back.

Negative. He's getting back into real estate.

sonnen-busted.gif

His legendary fight against filho tells me otherwise

Tells you otherwise about what ? I'm not following, I said a few things about Chael.

If it was in reference of him quitting or looking for ways out... Chael has spoken on this and admitted in the past and you can find some fights where yes it appears he just gave up. Wasnt tryint to suggest he's not a warrior cause he is, but if he's had issues with it in the past I find it hard to believe he's going to come back as an old man with multi year layoffs and he's already making good money outside of fighting :)

Has Chael been getting tested why suspended?

As long as you are retired, you don't have to do any USADA shit. So far, Chael maintains he is still retired.

If Chael decides to come back, he will go through a 4-month period where he gets tested first.

The UFC waived this rule for Brock, but Chael ain't Brock, and they've already caught a bunch of shit for doing it, so I think it's unlikely the new owners would go down that road again.

Unless the new owners decide to bail on the whole USADA deal altogether. Which would be awesome imo.

Even then though, Chael's suspension was with the NSAC so it might get tricky.

I still think there is too much money on the table for ol' Chael not to come back.

I think he has ONE fight where it could be a good pay day if he gets a % of ppv buys, but thats about it. He isnt going to offer much anymore fighting wise. He's also already making good money outside of fighting so its kinda like do you really wanna bang your body up even more when youre already retired, old, not on peds, and set fincially?

I think he has ONE fight where it could be a good pay day if he gets a % of ppv buys, but thats about it. He isnt going to offer much anymore fighting wise. He's also already making good money outside of fighting so its kinda like do you really wanna bang your body up even more when youre already retired, old, not on peds, and set fincially?

Chael has a family to raise, and while he made some good coin, he didn't make Conor money.

I'm sure he knows there is a lot of money on table, regardless of chasing titles or trying to be #1 or anything like that.

Tito Ortiz has made some big money in the last few years on the senior circuit, etc.

Having a big name is worth more money than being high-level. Ask TJ Dillashaw.

Haven't seen Chael lose a fight yet and i've been a fan for years, so why not.

If they pay him enough, he will come back. I think they might do.. A third fight with Anderson.

You peaked my interest, why do you think it would be awesome?

USADA's 2-year instaban, mixed with their vague laundry list of questionable 'banned substances', the IV ban, this setup is too Nazi-ish and doesn't consider the fighters' or the fans' interests. It's ill-conceived, & over-punitive. MMA was better off without them imo.

He swears he's not coming back to fight.

I hope he fights Lil Nog next.

USADA's 2-year instaban, mixed with their vague laundry list of questionable 'banned substances', the IV ban, this setup is too Nazi-ish and doesn't consider the fighters' or the fans' interests. It's ill-conceived, & over-punitive. MMA was better off without them imo.

So is it in our interest to allow PEDs? It's certainly in the fighters interest.

Back