chael vs gus?

feedhimbrah

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If chael beat rashad ( I hope he does ) then it is very possible we will get gus vs chael.
This is an interesting fight I think as chael was the peoples's champ for ages then suddenly got stripped of his title by this talented new comer. This would like a title fight in itself!

I see gus beating chael up on the feet and stuffing his take downs to get the tko win. But I think theyll become mates after the fight and chael will share his secret ways of wrestling and mind games with gus making gus even better!

I hope this fight eventuates will be good champ vs champ! A real super fight! Haha

If chael beat rashad ( I hope he does ) then it is very possible we will get gus vs chael.
This is an interesting fight I think as chael was the peoples's champ for ages then suddenly got stripped of his title by this talented new comer. This would like a title fight in itself!

I see gus beating chael up on the feet and stuffing his take downs to get the tko win. But I think theyll become mates after the fight and chael will share his secret ways of wrestling and mind games with gus making gus even better!

I hope this fight eventuates will be good champ vs champ! A real super fight! Haha

and they will live happily ever after!

Realistically if Chael beats Rashad it's a very fair fight. Problem is if Chael wins no one wants to see him and Jones again. I actually think Chael would have a chance against him. Chael would have to beat Rashad, then someone else, and Gus would have to beat Jones, and this would then be a very realistic fight. Chael would put him on his back, I'm confident of that.

If Chael beats Rashad(which proably won't happen) he would probably go down to MW and get a title eliminator against Belfort or even a title shot against the AS-Weidman winner which Dana might give him since he's already the NO.1 contender in Dana's view. Chael knows no matter how well he does at LHW he won't beat Jones if he's somehow granted the title shot and has a much better chance of beating whoever the MW champ happens to be.

In regards to the fight itself. I'd think Gus would win by TKO. Sonnen does have better wrestling but I think Gus will be able to stuff his TD's with what he learned from Davis and even if he goes down a few times I don't think Sonnen will be able to finish him regardless of what he did to Rua. On the feet Gus would destroy him.

I know that everyone is saying Gus's TDD is great, and it might be great, but I feel like Jones's takedown style doesn't work against a guy who can just scoot away. He's more about trips, so since Gustafsson could just back up, it shut down Jones. I can see Sonnen taking him down much more easily. I could be wrong though.

I know that everyone is saying Gus's TDD is great, and it might be great, but I feel like Jones's takedown style doesn't work against a guy who can just scoot away. He's more about trips, so since Gustafsson could just back up, it shut down Jones. I can see Sonnen taking him down much more easily. I could be wrong though.

This comes to my mind too

Actually they're kinda friends right now. Gus said in an interview 1 or 2 years ago that Chael is like the only fighter (besides all the guys at Alliance) that he really consider a friend so..

Gus is too tall and heavier then Chael, combined with a good Tdd and his wrestling training with davis, Chael won't take him down effectivly.
With that reach advantage Gus takes the standup, we would be a massive favorite.

I'm not sure about this match up from a marketing standpoint. You've got Gus positioned as a potential superhero after his performance against Jones and then you pit him against the resident hype man pro wrestler who is arguably the most popular but inarguably the most opinion getting man in the UFC? Could go either way. If Chael was a company man he'd angle himself as a jerkoff and say awful things about Gus's family in the lead up.

Exactly, this. Styles make fights and the lanky talented boxer gustavson kept Jones on the outside where is known he doesn't have a very good double leg. Jones does his work in the clinch and utilizing trips.

Gus is too big and too strong.

When Chael beats Rashad he should drop back down to MW. With Silva gone he could get another TS.

A big IF he beats Rashad. I feel that fight can give him a lot of problems.
On his potential Gus fight, a lanky guy on the bottom with (as far as I know) good BJJ, now that sounds good for Shael..

Back