• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chael tells Jay Mohr he could have had an instant rematch with Silva.

psychodad

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Part 2 of the interview where Chael discusses fighting Jon Jones and how he thinks Jones is better than Anderson.

The part that I was really interested in, is finally hearing Chael clearly identifying that there was obvious controversy in the second fight against Anderson, and that he could have gotten an instant rematch because of it, if he wanted, but opted not to be "that guy" basically.

He also mentions that he likes Jon Jones, he had a problem with the guy but has learned that the guy is really likeable. I guess the same thing that happened with Bisping.

At least this should end the "even Chael said it was clean". People need to understand that accepting the result under the rules you have signed to fight under (mainly that if the ref makes the call, he is the higher authority) does not automatically mean he thinks it was a clean fight.

Sonnen just is one of those guys who will respect a deal he has signed, even if it was sometimes against him. And he just mentioned this in the "what makes a man" video where he was not discussing this particular case but said that "deal is a deal, sometimes it might not be a good deal for you but deal is a deal".

Chael is talking nonsense. nothing to see here

Chael said he grabbed Anderson's shorts also.

/thread

Sure, Chael never uses any hyperbole in his statements so this must be spot on!

Aside from the theatrics Chael is an honorable guy (no TRT discussion) and respects the "old" ways of not making excuses. Something along the lines of " when all is said and done, it's two guys in a fist fight."

an immediate rematch would not make sense...

an immediate rematch would not make sense...

Of course it won't, but it's Chael, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he got another title shot at Anderson if he wanted one right now.

Chael said it himself. Saying that he said it is considered Silva nuthuggery? Gtfo

You know and I know, Chael only said it to be humble and move on from it. Go watch the fight again and stop mentioning it in nearly every Chael thread.

Chael is talking nonsense. nothing to see here

The pulling of Cheals shorts was not nonsense, he should of had rematch or at least some disciplinary action since that goes beyond grabbing a fence.

Silva grabbing Cheal's shorts was pretty blatant and went beyond a foul but what is regarded as proper fight etiquette, you don't grab a fighters shorts nor do you grab it to stop a takedown.

he is crying like a baby and not admitting his obvious defeat.

He has admitted it every time he has been asked.

For him to FINALLY clearly point out that there was controversy, and to mention that he actually had the option of a rematch tells you enough about how UFC management saw the fight. If they gave him that option, they saw the controversy.

He's not crying about nothing. He was asked to name someone he does not like, and he was asked why not. It was not him going out his way complaining about it, and he has not been complained about it.

fE37f.jpg

Lol 'GOAT'

You know and I know, Chael only said it to be humble and move on from it. Go watch the fight again and stop mentioning it in nearly every Chael thread.

Lol this Chael nut-hugger never stops.

How is pulling chael's shorts towards him (silva) going to stop or hinder Chael's takedown attempts? If anything it would make the takedown easier since Silva is pulling Chael into him (silva) and would have one less arm to defend against the takedown with.

I've gained a lot of respect for Chael ever the last half year based on how he man'd up and took his lost like a man

Chael fans - not so much. Stop bitching.

You just bitched and now you're crying when someone ask you to back up your bitching? How funny.

Back