Chael, Spokesman For "Striking" Training Device

THUORN

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Older youtube commercial. Couldnt find the commercial they showed tonight.

I just found it humorous that Chael is the spokesman for a device used mainly for striking.

It probably an excellent choice, since he is very charismatic and funny.

But its still funny.

It has a computer screen and everything. I bet you can get good with it without even needing to spar. I'm gonna buy two.

Chael's an expert on whatever he wants to be.

Did you find it funny when he dropped Anderson Silva in their first fight? They should play that clip during the commercial and the sales would be through the roof.

He's managing to sell one of the biggest mismatches in the history of the LHW belt, I'm sure he can sell that gizmo.

The commercial that airs on Fuel is pretty bad though. It ends with Sonnen pointing at the screen and saying "you're next" with that's supposed to be a menacing voice. So cheesy.

Anyone who drops Anderson Silva can do all the striking commercials they like :)

I like the Bas system better. And it's cheaper.

I've used one before.

It was okay....I didn't like the angles of the targets, and there was no way I could kick it full on. The interface was awkward as well.

They probably chose him because of his punch. No risk of damaging the equipment while recording the commercial.

Older youtube commercial. Couldnt find the commercial they showed tonight.

I just found it humorous that Chael is the spokesman for a device used mainly for striking.

It probably an excellent choice, since he is very charismatic and funny.

But its still funny.

It would be humorous if he didn't have great boxing, but he does. When has Sonnen ever looked out classed in a striking exchange? Marquardt and Bisping are both kick boxers, let alone Silva, and he was fine with all of them.

People always remember his bout with Okami as a wrestling match but its not true - go back and watch it. They stood and kick boxed for minutes at a time, and Sonnen got the better of the exchanges.

He's got crisp technique, throws straight punches, uses combinations and mixes in kicks in his attacks. He is one of those guys that was born without natural power so he lacks the ability to KO people - if he wasn't the most dominant wrestler in his division, he could win fights point kick boxing like Bisping and Edgar.

[YT]w27pyaqzfRI[/YT]

Did you find it funny when he dropped Anderson Silva in their first fight? They should play that clip during the commercial and the sales would be through the roof.

Nope, you should have seen how my jaw dropped when it happened. That fight may very well be the most memorable fight I have ever seen.

It would be humorous if he didn't have great boxing, but he does. When has Sonnen ever looked out classed in a striking exchange? Marquardt and Bisping are both kick boxers, let alone Silva, and he was fine with all of them.

People always remember his bout with Okami as a wrestling match but its not true - go back and watch it. They stood and kick boxed for minutes at a time, and Sonnen got the better of the exchanges.

He's got crisp technique, throws straight punches, uses combinations and mixes in kicks in his attacks. He is one of those guys that was born without natural power so he lacks the ability to KO people - if he wasn't the most dominant wrestler in his division, he could win fights point kick boxing like Bisping and Edgar.

[YT]w27pyaqzfRI[/YT]

You dont have to sell me on Sonnen. He is one of my fav fighters hands down. But lets now kid around here. Striking isnt what he is known for, unless he knocks out Jones, he will never be known for it. Does that mean that he CANT strike or that he hasnt put thousands of hours into learning the sweet science? Nope. Is it funny cause its Sonnen doing a commercial for a striking machine? HELL YES!

Every time i hear someone say Chael dropped Anderson with a punch in the first fight I think of that movie with Christian Bale as the crackhead former boxer who swears he knocked down Sugar Ray.

Oh I saw that fight. Didn't he trip? And he just put his fingers down for a moment, he didn't actually fall...

No I knocked him down! Really I swear!

No I think he tripped. Besides didn't you lose that fight?

Well yeah he's a legend, but... I knocked him down!

It really looked like he tripped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back