Media Chael Sonnen states the 2 fighters who would give Adesanya the most problems

Rockhold's TDs are "pure shit"? Why exactly you feel the need of saying something is obviously far from truth.
Rockhold took down David Branch and landed straight in full-mount.

I agree Rockhold having shit takedowns is a myth... he's really only ever shown to take down Branch like you mentioned and failing to take down the current LHW champ.

Actually, hate for Rockhold aside.. his record really isn't that bad even with the losses... (Bisping... lightning, Yoel being Yoel, and Jan being the Polish Powerhouse vs. Luke's glass chin).

Oh shit, not 4 - 5 in the UFC David Branch.

Branch is not an easy guy to outwrestle, and was an established top10 when Luke fought him.
Do you have something to argue apart from reading the record in wikipedia?
How did you earn that double yellow btw?

I agree Rockhold having shit takedowns is a myth... he's really only ever shown to take down Branch like you mentioned and failing to take down the current LHW champ.

Actually, hate for Rockhold aside.. his record really isn't that bad even with the losses... (Bisping... lightning, Yoel being Yoel, and Jan being the Polish Powerhouse vs. Luke's glass chin).

His record is one of the best ever at MW. The hate he gets by shertards is ridiculous. I'd agree he is kind of a jackass but we are judging him as a fighter.

The glass chin is lot of a myth too. Anybody who takes those powerpunches without even see them coming by the likes of Romero or Jan is going down. Not many chins absorbe those. His problem is striking defense and not good enough TDs, even if they are far from "shit"

Prime Chris destroys Izzy
China Chris is a little too delicate

Romero could do it with the right game plan and mindset

I knew it would be bad, but Jesus I didn't think it would be Tyron Woodley bad...

Jacare has the best chance at the moment I think, then Hermanson cause Joker can come out with a crazy sub.

Jacare lost a very close spilt decision to the current LHW (I thought he won).

Weidman before his chin deteriorated could've given Izzy problems, so would a prime juiced up Sonnen

A non overconfident Rockhold and a confident Weidman both beat Adesanya I think.

Chael should have just gone with the obvious MWs Martin Vettori and Yoel Romero. That one left hand Romero blasted Izzy with made him rethink coming forward against Romero.

Down the line in a about a year or so a fight between Izzy and Khazmat will draw attention.

Izzy already beat Vettori. Nothing Vettori has done since has convinced anyone he's going to dethrone Izz 2nd time around.

People like Chris, Rockhold, Anderson, Romero, Machida, Jacaré, even Vitor etc (Hell a prime juiced MW Sonnen could give him trouble too...). from 5-7 years ago would have been tall orders for Adesanya and wuold have gave him hell.
His biggest challenge stylewise, imo, is Mousasi who isn't even in the UFC anymore

Good for him non of them are in their physical primes anymore and the division is way way weaker now.
Doesn't take anything from him, he is not responsible for the level of his opponents, but the aforementionned list would have been really dangerous fights for him, and he would most likely have been the "challenger" oddwise.

Last edited:
Rockhold's TDs are "pure shit"? Why exactly you feel the need of saying something is obviously far from truth.
Rockhold took down David Branch and landed straight in full-mount.

Not to mention if Rockhold takes him down Israel is toast.
Rockhold has been so underrated based on his recent half assed performances since the Bisping fight.
He was a really really dangerous fighter prior to that : Tall, good reach, great power kicking game, and absolutely world class grappling

look at the reyes fight and tell me with a straight face that chris will be able to take izzy down before Izzy counter sparks him into oblivion

Reyes and Izzy are nothing alike fightwise.
Reyes has much better wrestling and also is taller/bigger ( Izzy isn't 6'4 sorry ) and has more power.
I have current Izzy over Weidman though, on that I agree as Chris is one of the fighters that dropped the faster/most shockingly in the recent years, and his once good chin seems to be gone ( and with him his confidence to strike with strikers )

Branch is not an easy guy to outwrestle, and was an established top10 when Luke fought him.
Do you have something to argue apart from reading the record in wikipedia?
How did you earn that double yellow btw?

Imagine saying a guy who has spent the last decade training with Cain, DC and Khabib has "shit TDs".

Izzy already beat Vettori. Nothing Vettori has done since has convinced anyone he's going to dethrone Izz 2nd time around.

for the life of me I can’t figure out why so many people on here are adamant that Izzy took round one of that fight. The jabs and low kicks back and forth seemed pretty even and Vettori’s body kicks were definitively the hardest strikes landed. He even managed to hold genderbender against the fence for a solid 5 seconds, to top it all off lol.

for the life of me I can’t figure out why so many people on here are adamant that Izzy took round one of that fight. The jabs and low kicks back and forth seemed pretty even and Vettori’s body kicks were definitively the hardest strikes landed. He even managed to hold genderbender against the fence for a solid 5 seconds, to top it all off lol.

For a whole 5 seconds?

I think people are looking back at that with Rose tinted glasses and think Vettori did more than he did because he got a takedown.

I havent rewatched it but I remember at the time having it 29-28 for Adesanya.

It was his closest fight for sure but Vettori has done nothing since to convince people he has Izzys number.

The undefeated undisputed gangsta of West Linn Oregon believes the two specimens that would present a reasonable challenge to the Middleweight champion of the world is...

challenger-approaching.jpg

Tyron Woodley: Former UFC welterweight champion

38 year old man with arthritis currently on a 3 fight losing streak and has lost 15 rounds straight
woodley-3.jpg

and

The Chris: Former UFC middleweight champion
36 year old man who is chinny and is 2-5 in his last 7 with his last win being over the number 13th ranked fighter and has only fought 6 times in 5 years (for reference adesanya has fought 9 times since 2018 against higher opposition)

maxresdefault.jpg

Video for reference:

Never Change Chael
hi-res-6ddb2476e29e5a94c595c32e896e44e6_crop_north.jpg

giphy.gif

Back