• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chael Sonnen on the Jim Rome Show - TRT and 'LeBron James Is a Dork'

Chael is a PROFESSIONAL FIGHTER. If you think that the only outcome of that scenario would be anything other than a 4 second whooping of Ray Lewis - then maybe you need to get back to your professional wrestling forums.

Oh hush I never said Ray would beat his ass. OF COURSE Chael would whoop up on Pettis Ray. I just want to see what will actually happen. Ray is one crazy motherfucker.

So pipe down L.O.S.E.R!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Lol ^I didn't mean to put Pettis, my phone somehow put it as the next word, can't edit due to teh dubbs.

You can say a National title has more prestige or is harder to win, but that doesn't make it a world title.

Here you go.

His point was that the US undoubtedly has the deepest talent pool in basketball and has the premier league in the entire world, the best players in any other nation earn the privilege to play there.

Besides, when the US is not getting lazy with the Olympics or FIBAs and sending rookies and half-bored stars over there they pretty much decimate the competition. I think the term "world title" is unnecessary too but let's not pretend like the best team in the NBA on any given year isn't the best regular season team anywhere.

You can say a National title has more prestige or is harder to win, but that doesn't make it a world title.

Oh I agree, at least semantically. If you beat American teams, you are an American, or national, champ. But practically, you're a world champ. NBA teams are made up of global talent. Americans are the dominant nationality, yes, but there are non-Americans in there that are integral to the success of their teams.

The guy next to Chael was just being pragmatic. It's essentially a world title, but technically, you could argue Chael is correct and that it's just a national title.

Use American football for another example. If you win the Super Bowl, are you the world champ, or national champ? Technically, just national. But c'mon...where are the teams outside of the US that would even be a challenge? You're de facto world champ if you win the Super Bowl.

Chael would whoop Ray Lewis and Lebron James in the same night

Oh I agree, at least semantically. If you beat American teams, you are an American, or national, champ. But practically, you're a world champ. NBA teams are made up of global talent. Americans are the dominant nationality, yes, but there are non-Americans in there that are integral to the success of their teams.

The guy next to Chael was just being pragmatic. It's essentially a world title, but technically, you could argue Chael is correct and that it's just a national title.

Use American football for another example. If you win the Super Bowl, are you the world champ, or national champ? Technically, just national. But c'mon...where are the teams outside of the US that would even be a challenge? You're de facto world champ if you win the Super Bowl.

It makes them the best team in the world, no doubt.

Yup, can't wait to watch the Blackhawks tonight.:icon_chee

I dunno if you're taking a jab at me, but it feels like it!!!

I'm stuck at work, watching through a crappy stream.

It's so funny to me how when Chael says he'll smack Ray Lewis Rome looks at him like, did you just say that? Implying that Ray Lewis is some badass fighter, and Chael wouldn't want to mess with him. Chael would beat the holy hell out of Ray Lewis. He would flat out embarrass him, very badly. He'd do the same to Ayanbadejo on the panel.

I'm afraid he's gonna become the Skip Bayless of MMA. And by his account there are no world champions in the UFC either.

I'd imagine if the New Zealand rugby team decided to put helmets on and play by American football rules......the Americans would be knocked off the perch pretty quickly.

You can't seriously refer to yourself as world champions when you don't know how would do against other countries.

Man was that a politician's answer to the TRT question, and man did he look uncomfortable answering it.

God cant wait till I see Chael in the WWE. He is definitely WWE Champion material.

I'm afraid he's gonna become the Skip Bayless of MMA. And by his account there are no world champions in the UFC either.

So you joined when Chuck was still lhw champ, and are posting for the first time?

Chael is so well spoken, he could probably make a lot of people believe 2 + 2 = 5.

It makes them the best team in the world, no doubt.

I dunno if you're taking a jab at me, but it feels like it!!!

I'm stuck at work, watching through a crappy stream.

Just a little jab, sucks about the stream.

MMA fighter wants to fight larger boxer
"lol he'll double leg him and kill him"

MMA fighter says he'd smack aging football star
"I'd like to see him try"

Ray Ray doesn't have his entourage with him and his attack is only +5 with the white suit on.
that is actually pretty funny.

Less intelligent people (in my experience) have a strong sense of "i have to see it to believe it"

and because of that, for a long time they didn't even believe the boxer thing until James Toney helped us out. (I've had a lot of conversations with idiots claiming the boxer would simply circle away and uppercut a wrestler on the way in...)

but with a big tough football player there's a whole different story because even though they're less proven at fighting than the boxer by a mile, they have an (UNTESTED) aura around them that makes them seem like they can't lose a fight to anyone but fellow football players. (especially smaller people)

but of course that goes against logic. Any trained fighter boxer or mma would beat the piss out of them and have their way with them if they so desired.

I'd imagine if the New Zealand rugby team decided to put helmets on and play by American football rules......the Americans would be knocked off the perch pretty quickly.

You can't seriously refer to yourself as world champions when you don't know how would do against other countries.

This post makes no sense for a lot of reasons. Who would the NZ team play? and do you really think that the sports are that interchangeable that the NZ team, if say they say practiced for a year, could stop the Ravens from scoring 77 points on them through the air, and that the Ravens could just load up with all 11 guys to stop the run.

I am sure that there are some guys that could play in the nfl if they had started football at a young age, but like MMA, technique is a huge aspect of all football positions. Even Lesnar in his prime couldn't even make an nfl team, and he is built to play football and has the work ethic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightwing_Kavan1
Back