• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Chael calls for Khamzat - Burns Part II (and More)

EnthusiastCultivator

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Cliffs:

- Thought Chimaev won a 2-1 decision, although admits wasn't sure who would get the nod before the official announcement

- Calls for Chimaev vs Burns II as a 5 round main event on ABC, argues that it is a proven product that is going to be massive and over-deliver on expectations.

- Insists Chimaev deserves a #1 Contender's match, says that "allegedly it is Colby Covington" but does not think it is right to pull Colby off the sidelines and make him face Khamzat - cites reasons such as lack of bad blood between the 2 (5:30 - 5:40) and Colby's current predicament as to why this is not the fight to make.

- Claims Burns is still being disrespected and not given his due. Implies it is ridiculous that Petr Yan, who lost his unification bout with Sterling, gets the crypto bonus but Burns doesn't even make the top 3.

-----------------------------------Opinion Below----------------------------------------------------------

I find his lack of affinity for the prospect of a Colby - Khamzat fight a glaring act of concealment of Colby's fighting abillities. He always put Colby on a pedestal and regards him as the second best guy in the division and a top 5 WW of all time (can pull clips if you want) yet is against him fighting the rightful #3 contender.

IMO as a former wrestler he knows Colby's infamous wrestling abillities, being one of his 2 biggest weapons along with endurance, is going to be rendered obsolete when facing Khamzat who IMO is superior in that respect.

lolwut? Unless that was a title fight that shit ain't happening. He's going further up the ladder.

I agree. I had Burns

Even if its not a 5 rounder would be am awesome rematch!!

IMO Khamzat hit his current ceiling and would be a mistake to move forward to Colby or Usman

or take on winner of Luque / Belal

I'm getting so fucking tired of Chael. Stop yelling.

+1

That strident voice of Chael's is impossible to sit through.

It's bad enough that his voice is an annoyance to tolerate, but he takes 10 to 15 minutes to say something that should take 3 to 5 minutes.

I agree. I had Burns

Even if its not a 5 rounder would be am awesome rematch!!

IMO Khamzat hit his current ceiling and would be a mistake to move forward to Colby or Usman

or take on winner of Luque / Belal

You don't stop because you supposedly hit a ceiling -- when you're in the Top 5.

Chimaev should face the winner of Luque x Mohammed, then the winner of Usman x Edwards.

If Chimaev makes it to Champion, then he can grant Burns a 5-round rematch.

Yes but not now. Both these guys did raised their stock off each other. Just let them enjoy that and have them fight someone else. Maybe with the ways things could turn out there can be a rematch with a title on the line, who knows.

As much as I don't like Colby, like at all. He is a great pressure fighter. Would be a difficult fight for them, but I have a feeling both burns and khamzat would try and submit him.

Chael is just trying to protect his buddy Colby Covington, that's all I get from this. He wants it to be on ABC which is exactly the card the Dana wanted khamzat and Covington to fight at.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard ever

The two had a historic war that Khamzat edged out. Not only would a rematch spoil it, but Khamzat would likely win by a wider margin (he's still going to improve with every fight whereas Gilbert will either stay the same or decline), and the guy has nothing to gain from another win.

I mean my God. Chael has some bad takes, but this is on another level.

Even before the Burns fight, Chael came out and said Chimaev shouldn’t fight Colby. He knows the challenge Khamzat poses for Colby and is trying to divert Colby from him as much as possible. It’s so obvious that he’s protecting his boy.

Dude never even commented on the Masvidal sucker punch yet is always eager to jump on other MMA scandals.

You don't stop because you supposedly hit a ceiling -- when you're in the Top 5.

not exactly "stop"

but a few pumps on the brake wouldn't hurt at all

he barely squeaked by Burns lets be real here

got dropped to one knee and looked perplexed when he couldn't dominate Burns

another camp or two would be a wise choice before taking a 5 rounder with Burns or even going up for Colby / Usman

we want the train to continue not derailed

Wait isn´t Chael in jail? (nice rhyme huh)

Back