• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Chad "Money" Mendes retires

TS misspelled Mini.

{<Mcgoat}

I think full camp Mendes would have beat Conor. Aldo vs Mendes 2 is still a great fight I re-watch on occasion.

Knowing what we know now about Conor’s gas tank, I agree that you’d have to make Mendes a small favorite. He nearly made it through two rounds as it is and (it appeared) made some mistakes to try to get Conor out of there and quickly. If he’d prioritized control in the first two rounds he’d have a really good shot. The short game planning time hurt too, even though granted there was not much tape on Conor at that point.

Damn man, you mean like how Mendes fought Conor only 3 months after he KO'd Lamas in 3 minutes???

You are confusing fights.

He fought a jabroni in Miles Jury after a two year layoff.

The fact that you are mixed up about this stuff should give you some pause to your theories.

I think he has fought recently enough in memory for most folks to realise he was an excellent contender. His weaknesses were not huge, although clearly he was a great responder to, erm.., "exotic meat". Being a clearly explosive athlete, that worked out well enough for him. His trapezius in that last bout were like he had ostrich eggs attached to his neck.

That said, he didn't do quite enough that he'll be talked about much in years to come, other than falling short on all three occasions. Gutted he spent so long on sidelines.

Conor was completely helpless on bottom. Chad was casually out grappling him with little trouble. That is completely impossible with Volk. Chad got BRAINED by Volk in a standup fight.
Conor barely took any damage and was talking to the ref while Chad was gassing himself.

Chad had some legendary fights in the UFC. I hope he has a proper retirement and does not need to fight in his 40s.

I wish the man a happy retirement but Chad Mendes was never my friend.
Don't take a fight on short notice only to turn around and cry about only having two weeks to prepare after you get your ass kicked.

The fact that you are mixed up about this stuff should give you some pause to your theories.

I'm not mixed up about anything. I'm well aware who Mendes fought and when.

I'm pointing out how dumb your argument is that Mendes had a quick fight before Volk and so wasn't really back and that's your excuse for that loss when Mendes also had a quick fight before Conor too but you don't want to talk about that fight. Cause hey, you know maybe quick wins show you're good if you can beat someone so easily. But no, you're oddly instead saying they mean nothing or are actually detriments. Even when it's you KOing #4. God forbid that means you're a good fighter at the time like it normally does for every other fighter but Mendes.

You're just a hypocrite who's willing to move the goalposts as far as necessary to avoid saying Mendes and his weaknesses are the issue. Mendes just got dropped like 3x and gassed again 2 nights ago against past prime Eddie, who literally threw and landed the exact punch he heard Conor yell out to him from the audience and shouted him out for the great advice, but sure it's totally just a fluke and totally never has happened a few times now and Conor totally got lucky breaking down Mendes.

if that's really it, Mendes can hold his head up high as he went out in a fuckin war this past weekend. was a great fight vs Alvarez and i can agree with those who thought Chad won although I scored it for Alvarez.
dude only lost to champs, future and former. always put on exciting fights. congrats on a great career Chad!

Mendez was getting pieced up at the end, then lands a knockdown, absolutely incredible fight.

Still think he won the Aldo fight cleanly, even with Aldo cheating several times.

Aldo v. Mendes 2 is one of the greatest title fights in history. Chad lost a bit of a controversial first fight against Aldo but then destroyed a ton of guys to get back to the title. There was a bit of heat going into that fight and they delivered a great fight. Definitely one of the best fights between elite fighters fighting at their absolute best.

One of the best to ever do it at FW. Too bad for his long suspension due to "psoriasis cream." I always wanted to see Prime Mendes fight Max

What are you talking about?

Mendes beat Lamas at 2:45 of first round on 4th April 2015 and after that fought Conor on 11th July of the same year.

Please clarify.

For a wrestler he didn't do too bad in bare knuckle. Also he almost killed all Conor hype before Conor even started to get major hype but didn't have the gas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back