Chad Mendez will be new champ.

I effin hate it when people talk about "eras" in a serious way. But anyway, if there was such a thing as a Brazilian era, and if it were to end, it would get replaced by a Russian (and its federative states) era.

American era was Tank Abbot till Chuck, and as far as I'm concerned ended when Chuck got schooled in Pride.
Yet current champs
fly - American
BW - American
feather - Brazilian
LW - American
WW - American
MW - American
LHW - American
HW - American

women's bantam - American

How you are concerned or want it to be isn't how it is.

TS, how do you think Mendes will beat Aldo when you don't know enough about Mendes to correctly spell his name?

edit: and there isn't anything racial about it, American isn't a race nor is Brazilian, they are nationalities. Just look at the current champs...

people can talk shit all they want, but lets see how aldo does when he dosn't grab the cage and has to deal with mendes on the ground.

Yet current champs
fly - American
BW - American
feather - Brazilian
LW - American
WW - American
MW - American
LHW - American
HW - American

women's bantam - American

How you are concerned or want it to be isn't how it is.

BW- new champ 0 defenses
LW- new champ 0 defenses
ww- new champ 0 defenses
MW- new champ 1 defense

They made hold the belt but they are a long long way from any sort of dominance or era talk.

people can talk shit all they want, but lets see how aldo does when he dosn't grab the cage and has to deal with mendes on the ground.

Well first fight, right after Aldo grabbed the cage, Mendes got him down but couldn't hold him there. Aldo got up and kneed Chad in the face and knocked his ass out.

Not sure Mendes wants to go through that again

It's got nothing to do with being Brazilian.

Mendes is excellent. It's possible. I'd slightly favor Aldo though. But betting on Mendes should have some value.

I don't know.

After what Dillashaw did to Barao last night, NOTHING surprises me anymore though.

Only thing this win does is help Mendez's confidence. And help fans confidence that the guard can be changed.

Back