• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Chad Mendes hangs them up?

I still don't think this is confirmed.

no major (credible) outlet has reported this. every place that is reporting it, including the Wiki edit, all point to Farrah Hannoun as the sole source. why would no one else have picked up on this yet, if it is true?

seems sketchy.

I hope Mendes keeps fighting, he's always entertaining to watch and his winning streak leading up to the Aldo title shot was impressive

Good call. If he can't muster more than 7 minutes of cardio off the juice, he's not gonna have a good time competing in the UFC. Cardio in featherweight and lightweight is much more of a standard than in higher weight classes, and you will no doubt be weeded out if you can't fight for 15 minutes.

His gas tank was his biggest enemy. Weird because he looked great vs Aldo.

Yeah, I always thought Mendes lost to Conor because he took that fight on short notice, based on his endless cardio in the Aldo rematch. Now, I'm not so sure. Guess it could be because of PEDs, but I think it's more likely that he just fades a lot more quickly when he isn't the one leading the dance. He really doesn't respond well when someone makes him play defense. Was very surprised to see him that tired in the 2nd round.

lol @ people thinking this is a good decision after he suffers one loss to a guy who is likely fighting for the title next. Also, really doubt that this is real as Mendes himself hasn't commented on it. Seems like some Dave Meltzer style rumor and innuendo

Still don't understand why he just let go of his position when he had his opponent in a prime situation for an RNC.

Maybe I missed the explanation but it just seems like he simply.....gave up and got to his feet and then promptly got wrecked.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say he threw the fight....which is an absurd thought, right? <{MingNope}>

RIGHT??? <Varys01>
freegifmaker.me_2dV5y (1).gif freegifmaker.me_2dV5y (1).gif freegifmaker.me_2dV5y (1).gif freegifmaker.me_2dV5y (1).gif freegifmaker.me_2dV5y (1).gif freegifmaker.me_2dV5y (1).gif

I get it, smartass. <LordRoose>

But it really looks Shady-As-Fuck when he just LETS GO when he's in complete Control and has Volk's back.

You can use Dana's Jerk-off Memes all you want (btw, learn to use the "image" feature instead of just fucking attachments) Doesn't change the mind-blowing DECISION to let go of basically a Sure(or at least very possible) victory for Chad. <LikeReally5>

I get it, smartass. <LordRoose>

But it really looks Shady-As-Fuck when he just LETS GO when he's in complete Control and has Volk's back.

You can use Dana's Jerk-off Memes all you want (btw, learn to use the "image" feature instead of just fucking attachments) Doesn't change the mind-blowing DECISION to let go of basically a Sure(or at least very possible) victory for Chad. <LikeReally5>
If he was in complete control Volk wouldnt have got up. Its about timing and Volk is explosive.

Riding a huge wave of emotions especially disappointment. I’m sure he’ll rethink this and be back. He could have been concussed when he “decided” this.

If he was in complete control Volk wouldnt have got up. Its about timing and Volk is explosive.

<TrumpWrong1>

I just went back and re-watched that entire sequence.

Chad LET GO OF THE HOOKS he had him in and just got up. Volk got up because Chad "Bob Sapp'ed", Period.

I really wish I could create a Gif that would show you the exact moment where Chad just let go so you can see what I mean.

I get that you love Volk and all.

I couldn't care less about Chad myself but I know someone just "Giving up" when I see it with my own eyes.

"It's all about timing", my ass. <{outtahere}>

<TrumpWrong1>

I just went back and re-watched that entire sequence.

Chad LET GO OF THE HOOKS he had him in and just got up. Volk got up because Chad "Bob Sapp'ed", Period.

I really wish I could create a Gif that would show you the exact moment where Chad just let go so you can see what I mean.

I get that you love Volk and all.

I couldn't care less about Chad myself but I know someone just "Giving up" when I see it with my own eyes.

"It's all about timing", my ass. <{outtahere}>

Mendes didn't even look that bad. Terrible strategy. Should have working takedowns the whole time. Fell in love with his striking too much. Volkanovski is a beast though.

must have shit his pants while watching ortega vs holloway

Chad let’s em Hang

When the top 5 are no longer avoiding you and the up and comers see you as fresh meat into the top ten its probably time to retire.
Chads smart.
Its been fun watching him fight.

Back