Cezar Ferreira vs. Tom Breese set for November/Buenos Aires FN (140) event

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://sportv.globo.com/site/comba...te-enfrenta-tom-breese-no-ufc-argentina.ghtml

SIR

Brazilian Portuguese to English translation

In search of the third consecutive victory, Mutante faces Breese in Argentina

Champion of the first edition of TUF Brasil returns to the octagon November 17, in Buenos Aires, against English fighter

With five wins in the last six bouts, Cezar Mutante has a date to return to the Octagon. The Brazilian will face England's Tom Breese on November 17 at UFC Argentina in Buenos Aires. The information was verified by Combate.com with sources linked to UFC. The card still has no defined main fight. The company is looking for an opponent to face Santiago Ponzinibbio at this time.

At the age of 33, Mutante has 13 career victories and six defeats and was the champion of the first edition of TUF Brazil. He has won positive results over Nate Marquardt and Karl Roberson and is closing in on the top 15 of the middleweight, but currently is not ranked.

At 26 years, Breese has 11 triumphs and 1 setback. In his most recent performance, he knocked out veteran Daniel Kelly in the first round. Before that, he lost to Sean Strickland by split decision.

Leaning towards Breese due to Mutante's chin, but his grappling is legit.

Breese’s boxing looked sharp in his last fight, granted it was against the walking mummy Daniel Kelly. Mutante has probably the edge on the ground, but I’ll go with Breese via TKO.

Mutante is incredibly talented both physically and from a skilled standpoint but has absolutely no ability to take a good shot on the chin. Got Breese by KO after Mutante gets some good offense off.

Mutante gets knocked out by a Breese

Geddit?

[<cena1}

While Mutante has earned a reputation for having a delicate chin, I do think it is rather overblown. He has certainly faced (and defeated) higher competition. I lean toward Ferreira.

good scrap. this is a test to see if breese is ready for the top 15. mutante is a physical freak, but can only win when things are going his way. this will go to decision. i don't see breese letting his hands go like he did against daniel kelly due to the threat of mutante landing a takedown or high kick. breese has the bjj chops and TDD to keep it standing if he stays technical. i see breese winning by UD due to superior striking technique. like he did against sean strickland.

One guy is clearly better than the other but his chin sucks. I'd say it's a 50/50 fight for that reason.

other bouts in works for UFN 140 in Argentina are
Botelo vs Calvillo
Barzola vs Narimani

Mutante is incredibly talented both physically and from a skilled standpoint but has absolutely no ability to take a good shot on the chin. Got Breese by KO after Mutante gets some good offense off.

He has SOME ability to take a shot. Granted I agree his chin isn't good but he got rocked against Anthony Smith and came back, also took hard shots from Marquardt without folding, though I thought he lost that fight.

easy win for Breese. Mutante is overrated based on his cool nickname.

upload_2018-8-22_11-9-42.png
upload_2018-8-22_11-9-57.png
upload_2018-8-22_11-10-15.png

Dislike Mutante, but he's a bit under-rated. His chin is poor but not every big hitter has cracked it and Breese isn't really a KO artist for the most part.

I'm taking Mutante, boring UD.

Breese is a real dark horse at 185.

He is a really good striker who looked bad at 170 because he was cutting way too much weight.

Similar story to Whittaker & Kelvin.

Gotta go with Breese here. His boxing is miles better and I think he’s strong/skilled enough to hang if it turns into a grappling exchange. Can’t believe these two guys use to fight at 170

When Argentina has female fighters in the Ufc they are going to be hot asf

While Mutante has earned a reputation for having a delicate chin, I do think it is rather overblown. He has certainly faced (and defeated) higher competition. I lean toward Ferreira.
Dude got stiffened by dollaway lol

Didn't small Nakamura takedown Breese many times in their fight? If Cezar can survive coming in he should be able to grapplefuck Breese or even finish him. True two outcome fight. Breese via early KO or Cezar via sub

Back