Cesar Gracie BJJ guys

flyingknee16

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've seen some of the Cesar Gracie guys fight and they seem like they have tight guards. Anyone know if I'm imagining this or if its true? And what else do they do that's characteristic of their style?

a tight guard, and freakin
good passess,
tough as nails. TOUGH

yeah, i've seen some of their mma fights and they definitely have good passes and good guards. stand up might be a bit more questionable, no?

I would like to know the secret to what they do up there at Cesar's place. Just look at the line up coming outta there...

I don't think our guards are that special in general. We just have a large group of athletic and aggressive grapplers that will push you to keep up. Our top guys have completely different games: David Terrel, Jake Shields, Nick Diaz, Gilbert Melendez, Gil Castillo. When you train with top-level grapplers that can pound on you you learn when to use a tight guard. Most of these guys have a better top game than bottom game, but that doesn't mean they are slouches on the bottom.

stand up should be good also since they train at fairtex kickboxing gym!!!

what more could they ask for?? hehehe

dboy said:
I would like to know the secret to what they do up there at Cesar's place. Just look at the line up coming outta there...

The Bay Aera has always been a big talent pool for athletes.

Mostly Cesar has always been a creative teacher, smart guy in many ways. Has always brought in top quality instructors for cross-training and doing what he calls "Total Jiu-jitsu".

We have had guys come and teach for months at a time like Renzo, Ryan, Ralph, Rolls and "Nino"Schembre, etc. Trading instruction with the likes of Fairtex and George Tasui to prep guys for fights. The academy has just grown in depth.

Central location in the competitive San Francisco Bay Aera.

Then we just train really hard and all the time. No secret here, large talent pool, good instruction, Train hard.

I definitely like the guard work. Never giving up is always more of a character trait then a team thing, but most all of Cesar's team is tough as shit, so maybe it is a team thing.

Back