Cerrone vs Kelvin

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Now im curious who would have won that at UFC 200, Kennedy is a tough SOB but I think Cerrone is much more skilled all around bar wrestling, hard for me to see Kelvin doing to Cerrone what he did to Kennedy.

How do you see this fight playing out?

I would have rooted for Cerrone but I believe Kelvin would win by competitive but clear cut UD.

Kelvin would beat him. Cerrone always crumbles against top guys. And Kelvin isn't quite at that top level, but his durability, chin, etc. would be enough to push forward and beat Cerrone.

Kelvin has the boxing to make cowboy pay for his poor and rigid boxing,plus he has some really good wrestling,i would of picked kelvin to get a decision

I was kind of shocked at how Gastelum dismantled Kennedy. I'm not sure who to pick in this fight. I might just go with Cerrone cause I like him better.

Its all about if the head kick lands

It's still an absolutely intriguing match-up, the lines would be very even on it

Kelvin and makes it look easy

He constantly pressures Cerrone, uses his size advantage to dominate in clinch/grappling exchanges

Is smart with his ground game and avoids submissions

Also, Kelvin has a granite chin and would survive a couple Cerrone head kicks that KO other fighters

Kelvin's hands are probably better than Nate's and certainly carry more power. Nate fucked Cowboy the fuck up standing, there's no chance that Cowboy can take Gastelum down, and so I would pick Kelvin here for an easy T(KO).

Cerrone via headkick ko. At least that's what I would want to happen. He robbed Cerrone and the fans of that fight and didn't even attempt a catchweight. He just went into hiding and made a little twitter post.

I think Gastelum has the pressure and boxing to beat Cerrone. It most likely will be competitive though.

Then again, lately it seems Cerrone is always one headkick or combination away from winning.

Good fight. They need to put this fight together again if they allow Gastelum back to 170. It makes sense ranking wise too. I like Gastelum but I'll be pulling for Cerronay all the way.

I was actually planning on putting $$$ down on Kelvin. I think he can take anything Cowboy can throw and is too relentless for Cowboy. Thought he was a great value bet as an underdog.

Did Cowboy jump up to middle weight?

Cowboy would have been lit up. Unfortunately for Cowboy though, he is now going to get them hands courtesy of Gamebred.

Cerrones WW run right now is like WTF???

Kelvin just keeps impressing as well but its all about styles and feel like Cerrone will meet his defeat soon at WW

Back