Cerrone has wins over Oliveira, Ben Henderson, Eddie Alvarez, Jeremy Stephens, Barboza

agility is done, not even trying g to avoid stikes now. just wanna stand and bang...normally I'd let him bang bro but he's at a point that it isn't healthy anymore...

That
Just a who’s who at LW.

One guy is fighting for the title next week.

He is pretty dang inconsistent in his long career.

Beats all these studs and then gets dominated by Nate Diaz and one shot body kicked by Pettis.

Hell of a career. Fought everyone else they put in front of him, for better or worse.

Maybe it’s better to duck once in a while.
Cowboy is long dead and gone bud whats youre point....

His last win versus a guy like that was 5 years ago, Cowboy is history.

Just a who’s who at LW.

One guy is fighting for the title next week.

He is pretty dang inconsistent in his long career.

Beats all these studs and then gets dominated by Nate Diaz and one shot body kicked by Pettis.

Hell of a career. Fought everyone else they put in front of him, for better or worse.

Maybe it’s better to duck once in a while.
He should've jumped ship 5 or 6 years ago when he was ranked in the top 10 in two different weight classes and gone to Bellator. He may have even won a belt over there. Instead he stayed a company man to headline fight night cards and let younger fighters make a name for themselves off of him instead.

He is 38 years old with man in his 70's level mileage. Kinda like Shogun, Nog's, BJ etc. It happens to anybody who fights this long.

He won't do it but the man should retire asap.

Not just mileage but as a guy who generally grapples only when taken down he’s taken a lot of damage in stand up fights.

A guy like Mousasi has way more fights but won a lot of them through wrestling and generally has good defense when striking, yet his chin is still rock solid

So what I've learned from this thread so far is that Cowboy actually sucks, has always sucked and has no good wins. Robbed Bendo, Oliveira was young, Stephens has 17 losses in the UFC, etc.

Why are people trying to discredit his wins just because he's past his prime and near the end of his career... he has a good resume even beyond the names you mentioned.

Never could get it done when it really mattered. I bet if he fought Eddie for the belt, on the exact same night that he beat him, that he would lose spectacularly.

He's just getting old. He still wants to fight the same way he did 10 years ago but his body just doesn't hold up anymore. If he is going to carry on it needs to be at LW because I don't think he can handle WW power now.

Even then I'd rather see him in more legends fights than fighting young up and comers.

Maybe fight Miller or Clay Guida.

He's fought and KO'd Miller before though. I'd like to see him vs Maia for his retirement fight. But I'm leaning towards him retiring.

He didn't deserve the Benson win, that was definitely a robbery. Plus Benson beat him twice.

He fought a very younger Oliveria (Oliveria was only like 21-23).

Jeremy is meh, good power but meh, just look at his track record.

Cowboy's wins over Eddie and Barboza are good wins, and the only 2 good wins worth mentioning.

Back