Cejudo vs Moraes. Who wins?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Why is it that I still don't know how good Cejudo is? He decisions the possible GOAT and then puts Dillashaw away... and I still am questioning how good he is. Maybe it's just me

Moraes just seems like a monster right now. His striking is looking damn crisp

I can't decide on this one boys. But still.... With as much as I have bet against him in the past.
I feel like putting a bet on Henry.

my money's on magic, that assuncao fight was amazing

War Moraes
tumblr_p9pfsef99W1u2ragso1_500.gif

I’m a fan of both TJ and Moraes so will be very disheartened if Moraes gets steam rolled in the same manor. This fight can’t come soon enough!

Marlon Moraes may be Mark Henry's last hope. They won't beat Cejudo engaging in the wrestling too much, some of their chances are lying in intercepting attacks and round punches / kicks. I'm pretty sure Cejudo is going to fight a smart fight on the centerline.

Cejudo. He's improving so much between every fight, and I think his wrestling is going to make the difference here

I think Moraes wins by KO...

Man, It's tough to argue it. Moraes has looked like an absolute monster... Cejudo does look like he has a solid chin though. But then again so did Riviera and Assuncao. And those boys got rocked.
Though Henry does have a giant Tito Ortiz head. I think it was the body shot that really did him in in the first Dj fight

Man, It's tough to argue it. Moraes has looked like an absolute monster... Cejudo does look like he has a solid chin though. But then again so did Riviera and Assuncao. And those boys got rocked.
Though Henry does have a giant Tito Ortiz head. I think it was the body shot that really did him in in the first Dj fight

Yeah, IIRC, the knees in the clinch was what ended Cejudo against MM. Moraes has looked like a monster and I just don't think Cejudo will be able to outstrike or take him down enough to win. If Cejudo does get the TD, I think Moraes gets back up pretty quickly. Could be wrong, so I don't have a strong urge to commit to this "prediction".

Yeah, IIRC, the knees in the clinch was what ended Cejudo against MM. Moraes has looked like a monster and I just don't think Cejudo will be able to outstrike or take him down enough to win. If Cejudo does get the TD, I think Moraes gets back up pretty quickly. Could be wrong, so I don't have a strong urge to commit to this "prediction".

I wonder how Henry's wrestling will translate against 135 pounders. I have to imagine he will be the best wrestler in the division right? On paper he definitely is. It seems like Moraes is way bigger than him but he isn't really on paper. Just slightly taller and longer reach. How good is Moraes take down defense? I have only seen a handful of his fight and don't recall him ever being on his back.....????

Moraes will probably flash ko him at the start then the ref will stop it early and then will be a rematch....sigh

Moraes will probably flash ko him at the start then the ref will stop it early and then will be a rematch....sigh

And then Cejudo tests positive, the rematch is called off and Moraes moves up to challenge the winner of Volkanovski/Aldo for the interim Fw championship? Frickin' shit show brah

I wonder how Henry's wrestling will translate against 135 pounders. I have to imagine he will be the best wrestler in the division right? On paper he definitely is. It seems like Moraes is way bigger than him but he isn't really on paper. Just slightly taller and longer reach. How good is Moraes take down defense? I have only seen a handful of his fight and don't recall him ever being on his back.....????

To be perfectly frank, I can't recall how great his TDD is. I just remember thinking he has good TDD and also...he's Brazilian. Kind of an MMA stereotype for Brazilians (at least for me) is that they have, at worst, "GOOD" TDD.

I think Moraes will come in stronger and be able to basically muscle his way out of scrambles and bottom position, but doing that too many times will probably leave him gassed and ripe to be finished.

I took down their stats from the UFC site, so check that for comparison if it helps ya.
CEJUDO________MORAES
HEIGHT: 5' 4-------------------HEIGHT: 5' 6:
WEIGHT: 125 lbs.-------------WEIGHT: 135 lbs.
REACH: 64"--------------------REACH: 67"
STANCE: Orthodox-----------STANCE: Orthodox
DOB: Feb 09, 1987-----------DOB: Apr 26, 1988

CAREER STATISTICS
------CAREER STATISTICS
SLpM: 3.56---------------------SLpM: 3.23
Str. Acc.: 43%-----------------Str. Acc.: 34%
SApM: 2.60--------------------SApM: 2.60
Str. Def: 67%------------------Str. Def: 65%
TD Avg.: 2.30------------------TD Avg.: 0.43
TD Acc.: 35%------------------TD Acc.: 25%
TD Def.: 88%------------------TD Def.: 60%
Sub. Avg.: 0.1-----------------Sub. Avg.: 0.9

Cejudo definitely seems to have more of an advantage on paper. Although both of their "advantageous" areas are...wait for it...virtually identical. :oops:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back