• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cejudo suffers from the BJ Penn dilemma

Heard of his drug use from people in Hawaii. Then we hear it from people that have dealt with him, like Lentz and his x. This is what his x had to say about his drug use.

“Several of Uaiwa’s allegations revolve around drug use. She said Penn has been a drug addict since age 14 and “uses his training camps to try and stay sober.”

“I woke up one night to him scared because he got cocaine on my oldest daughter,” she wrote. “He was freaking out and he wanted to commit suicide.”

Uaiwa said Penn attacked her in their hotel room after he was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame, smashing her cell phone and verbally abusing her.

“Him and his friends did cocaine in the bathroom all night, while me and my children were in the room and his niece and aunty were in the living room,” she wrote.
Alcohol and drugs can be weird like that.

People can do shit like this but still be good, decent people.

They just need to cut out the mess. Substances turn many people into something they're not.

They've both reconciled since this and BJ went on a tirade for a political leadership position in Hawaii, wanting to do better for the people there.

Humans are complicated

Probably just needed the money. He came in talking very reckless.

Did he really spend 1M on his training camp? Thought I heard that in broadcast. If so, ouch.

<WhatItIs>

He's surrounded by YES Men that don't know how to be truthful to him.

I remember before round 3 his corner said it was 1-1 and they need the next 3 rounds.
By the time it got to round 5, they told Henry it was 2-2.
These guys weren't paying attention to how many strikes were landing as opposed to how many were missing.

If Cejudo wasn't told it was 1-1 in the beginning, he probably would've stepped on the gas more betweens round 3 & 4.

Henry is a really great coach for other fighters, but he needs someone that has more octagon and MMA experience than him to coach his corner when he fights.

BJ Penn had this exact same problem in his career.

Henry posted a video on his youtube today of him and his team backstage after the fight, and everyone around cejudo was telling him that it was a robbery, cejudo won, sterling just ran, etc etc......sad to see.

I remember before round 3 his corner said it was 1-1 and they need the next 3 rounds.

Given that one judge scored it 3-2 for Cejudo, maybe his corner wasn't all that far off. And if they told him they needed him to win rounds 3 through 5, it means they weren't confident that he had even won one, so they were giving him the direction he needed to win the fight.

He needs to move back to 125 or retire. The reach disadvantage was the biggest factor, it was very apparent.

These guys weren't paying attention to how many strikes were landing as opposed to how many were missing.

If Cejudo wasn't told it was 1-1 in the beginning, he probably would've stepped on the gas more betweens round 3 & 4.

Henry is a really great coach for other fighters, but he needs someone that has more octagon and MMA experience than him to coach his corner when he fights.

I think it was more a matter of Sterling fatiguing than Triple C stepping on the gas. Sterling is huge for the weight class and likely cuts a lot.

I don't think the coaching really changed the fight. The judging is always a wild card when the fight is that close which makes it hard to score when you are guessing what a judge would say. They know the fighter and were trying to get the max out of him.

There’s no dilemma. Henry isn’t the GOAT.

penn-5.gif

I sort of agree with his corner's scoring.

Imagine if Burns went into fight the against Belal with the coaches from Henry's corner.
They would've told Burns at the end of the 4th round that he was 2-2 against Belal, even with his broken arm.

Back