• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime CDC to tackle epidemic of gun violence

No one is saying they will ban guns. Just like "they aren't forcing you to take the vax". Giving up your guns will be a choice, of course. You'll just fired if you don't, and you won't be able to restaurants or collect unemployment or travel abroad. But a choice nevertheless. I can already see your future posts: "You can choose to own a gun, but everyone else can choose not to associate with you if you do".
I brought it up because Kong wants "assault" weapons banned. Which is...well, wacky.

Kong wants "assault" weapons banned.

I want a Barrett M82A1 with a 20 inch barrel. Ronnie is not only a modern day Da Vinci, but an American patriot with principles made of tungsten.

Avg.jpg

Bout to Ruby ridge the suburbs! Love it! Fuck these hicks and their rights!

I want a Barrett M82A1 with a 20 inch barrel. Ronnie is not only a modern day Da Vinci, but an American patriot with principles made of tungsten.

Avg.jpg
Obama gave these away to drug cartels under his version of Fast & Furious. Oops.

It's not an epidemic, there's should be no debate within the medical community on the subject . They know how to treat gun shot wounds ( if still alive lol) and have for a long time . Thats the only skin the medical community has in the game and the CDC should fuck right off.

I'm not for strict gun laws but inner-city violence is something I care about and regulating guns within the city has never worked they did it in NY, DC and Chi and gun violence is still sky high. They need to address some seriously deep problems that have been overlooked for a long time.
I get what you're saying but nothing in my history here leads me to believe that you're going to get much intelligent counterargument on how to address those deep problems. The counterargument can be boiled down "those problems don't really exist therefore any time spent trying to address them is wasted."

I get what you're saying but nothing in my history here leads me to believe that you're going to get much intelligent counterargument on how to address those deep problems. The counterargument can be boiled down "those problems don't really exist therefore any time spent trying to address them is wasted."
I understand but the premise of this thread is based on ts's paranoid fantasies. The gun violence epidemic has plagued inner cities for decades. I feel like they need to understand not everything is about them.

I understand but the premise of this thread is based on ts's paranoid fantasies. The gun violence epidemic has plagued inner cities for decades. I feel like they need to understand not everything is about them.
I wish you luck on that.

Avg.jpg
Love it!
All gun manufacturers or dealers should immediately refuse to sell firearms to gov't agencies. I guarantee those hearts and minds would change so fast.

Love it!
All gun manufacturers or dealers should immediately refuse to sell firearms to gov't agencies. I guarantee those hearts and minds would change so fast.

20210927-221211.jpg

But even better than that would be tangible legislation to block the federal government from being able to make its anti-2A agenda realistically applicable and enforceable. I was very happy with developments in my state this year.

Legislature OKs Bill to Bar Arizona Enforcement of any New US Gun Restrictions

PHOENIX — If the federal government imposes new restrictions on guns it will have to enforce them without Arizona's help.

The state Senate approved legislation Tuesday — already passed by the House — that would make it illegal for state and local governments and employees to enforce, administer or cooperate with any federal law, act, treaty, rule or regulation that is "inconsistent with any law of this state regarding the regulation of firearms.''

The vote was 17-13 in the GOP-controlled Senate, sending the measure, House Bill 2111, to Republican Gov. Doug Ducey, who has repeatedly promoted himself as a strong supporter of the right to bear arms. Proponents contend the measure is simply about ensuring that the state will not play a role in infringing on Second Amendment rights.

A summary of Arizona firearm "regulation". :D

20210922-071227.jpg

Did you know health insurance companies murder many more people in the US than gun violence does?

I really hope they're not desperate enough to actually try it, but these legislations they're passing...it's almost as if they want to provoke chaos at some point.

Crisis is on the horizon, this is part of the plan

They've already been given the authority to remove property rights and privacy rights, so might as well give them the authority to remove the 2nd amendment as well.

The government has turned into a literal fascist regime in less than 9 months, I wonder where "antifa" are. Good thing they call themselves anti-fascist, or one might think they actually support fascism.

I hope the cops and military know right from wrong.. The cdc does t have these powers and it’s time to start ignoring a lot of this crap.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/29/1039907305/cdc-study-toll-guns-america

Catch that last part?
"This will allow doctors and epidemiologists to potentially identify trends and craft swift interventions, as they have done to contain the coronavirus pandemic and other national health emergencies."

What sort interventions do you think they in store for us. We all know banning guns is unconstitutional, but businesses have a freedom of association, right? Could OSHA mandate that businesses need to fire all gun owners as a matter of public health? Perhaps we could put gun owners on a "potential deadly" list and keep them from flying or attending sporting events until they can prove they have surrendered their firearms to police or the CDC. Will have summer lockdowns when the gun violence numbers get too high?

Remember when Congress made laws and not unelected Beaurocrats?

Back