cauliflower ears, another question....

Loaf10

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
i know there are a bunch of threads about this but i have some questions???

does icing them help???

what do the first signs of cauliflower look like. right now my ear is sore, my wife looked at it and she said it looked fine.

when you notice it, how long do you have to drain them before its too late.

regardless, i should get some headgear, my wife will freak if my ears turn nasty. and yes i am scared of my wife

thanks

Yes, icing will help. Get some head gear. One of the things about cauliflower ears is that over time it can affect your hearing. So I would get ear protectors. They're cheap.

my ear started to cauli and stopped im confused, it swelled a little bit but like completly stopped

believe me you will know when they start. The pain your feelin right now probably is nothing to worry about. Usually they will cauliflower after they get hit or impacted really hard, it can sound like a pop and then they fill with fluid. After they swell then just drain them, no biggy.

A few weeks ago I got cauli for the first time and didn't want to drain it... don't like needles.
The swelling finally came down, but it took about 3 weeks.
Maybe it's because I continued to train 3x/week without head gear...
Finally got my head gear though.

I'm wearing it not because of the soreness or how cauli make your ears look, but
because it was a real bitch to sleep on my side at night.

Ice helps. As soon as it "balloons" get a doctor (or a friend with a thick syringe and a stomach) to drain it.

You can do it your self but it usually hurts too much.

Don't wait 3 days to drain it because much of it will harden.

Of all these threads about cauliflower ear it makes me wonder:

Am I the only person on this board that's pissed that I haven't developed it yet?!

desertbake said:

Am I the only person on this board that's pissed that I haven't developed it yet?!
no. although i guess it is a turn off to some women. my cousin who recently got married was visiting over the summer and i was explaining it to her and she goes oh ok i know what your talking about. all of my husbands friends have it then she goes i told him if he had it i wouldnt have gone out with him. so to some its a turn off but really cauli is the wrestler/mmaers/grapplers mark

desertbake said:

No thanks. I'd just assume have normal ears, thank you.

"Rrrrrgh cauliflower ears show that you're tough." Who gives a shit about looking tough? They're gross and they can negatively affect your hearing.

If my ears ever start to cauliflower, I'm getting them fixed by a doctor and then using headgear. The end.

Back