Cauliflower ear,competing what are my options?

shouldercharge

Dave Camarillo idoliser
Reaction score
So I have a reasonably fresh cauliflower ear (a week old) have had it drained 3 times but its still a little swollen.
Am competing tomorrow under ibjjf rules and understand that ear guards are prohibited as is any headwear including bandaging, Would I get away with strapping tape? What are my options for protecting my ear?

So I have a reasonably fresh cauliflower ear (a week old) have had it drained 3 times but its still a little swollen.
Am competing tomorrow under ibjjf rules and understand that ear guards are prohibited as is any headwear including bandaging, Would I get away with strapping tape? What are my options for protecting my ear?

Just compete and then drain it again after the comp. then use headgear in training.

i would wrap it in gauze to give you some padding and then strap it up with strapping tape

At Nationals I saw people with tape wrapped around their head and looked a little strange but that's the only way they will let you do it. You can wrap it around your head straight across like a headband, or you can wrap it around your jaw where it looks like half a wrestling head piece kinda.
In the future grow your hair out to where it covers your ears and you won't have a problem with it.

???

People with long hair still get cauli

The people with the worst ears are always the ones with the least hair.

Me
Couture
Inoue
Lindland
Jacare
Gamburyan
Shultz
Imanari

???

People with long hair still get cauli

My hair isn't particularly long but it covers my ears. Never gotten a cauli or a threat of a cauli. That's with wrestling too, not just jiu-jitsu.

My hair isn't particularly long but it covers my ears. Never gotten a cauli or a threat of a cauli. That's with wrestling too, not just jiu-jitsu.

Exactly, I keep my hair long enough to cover my ears and I never have a problem.
Then if I get a haircut and my barber cuts it too short then within about 2 weeks my ear(s)
start swelling/filling up and hurting like a mofo.
Hair is natures helmet.:cool:

Back