casamayor/marquez-who u got

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
im not a fan of either, but interested to get your feedback

I've got Marquez because Im bitter that Casamayor beat Katsidis, old man!!

I got Marquez, i just feel he is the better fighter and will take it to Casamayor.

I will def go for Jmm. Both fighters are great and since theyre both counterpunchers a lot of ppl are saying its going to be boring. I see JMM being the aggressor in the fight and see him winning a close decision. What im waiting for is Katisidis/diaz and cambell vs joan guzman.

I think I will take Casamayor by decision...I think Marquez may become frustrated and become the aggressor..but thats not really his style and it could throw him off...I dont know..tough fight to call

I've got JMM because if Kat could give Casa that many problems, imagine what somebody that can actually box will do.

JMM for sure.

He's one of the best p4p boxers on the planet, and he should be able to completely outclass the faded Casamayor.

Yes, Joel beat a very flawed Katsidis, but he is nowhere near what he once was, and JMM is still in near top form IMO.

This is coming from a long time Casamayor fan.

Casamayor is so damn inconsistent that he can show up and box JMM silly for a UD or hang on for 12 rounds by playing dirty tricks on JMM and lose

But anyway, im picking JMM by close SD, Marquez' got fire building up inside him and will be looking to send Pacquiao a message, BUT, never count Casa out

Should be a great tactical fight

I've got JMM because if Kat could give Casa that many problems, imagine what somebody that can actually box will do.

Erm, there's nothing remotely similar about Katsidis and JMM. Michael gave Joel problems because he sprints in to fight hard, that'd give anyone problems. JMM can pose problems, but an entirely different set of problems.

Erm, there's nothing remotely similar about Katsidis and JMM. Michael gave Joel problems because he sprints in to fight hard, that'd give anyone problems. JMM can pose problems, but an entirely different set of problems.

It does strike me as odd comparing a bull-rushing brawler to a technical counterpuncher.

Joel is a slick fighter who can pop when he needs to. I think he is too big for JMM, and earns the decision.

I've always thought Joel was at his best against people who try to Box him at-range. He's terribly elusive when he wants to be and can always call on that Cuban hit-and-run style, if Juan doesn't mash the gas pedal he could get out-pointed. That said, Juan's been working on mashing the gas pedal, but I agree he doesn't have the size and strength to trouble Joel.

Say what you want about Casa, but he got knocked out the ring by one of the most dangerous guys at that weight, got back in the ring with a grin, and knocked his ass out.

I'm taking JMM via more fuel in the tank.

wouldn't be surprised to see a big left end with JMM seeing stars though.

I've always thought Joel was at his best against people who try to Box him at-range. He's terribly elusive when he wants to be and can always call on that Cuban hit-and-run style, if Juan doesn't mash the gas pedal he could get out-pointed. That said, Juan's been working on mashing the gas pedal, but I agree he doesn't have the size and strength to trouble Joel.

Say what you want about Casa, but he got knocked out the ring by one of the most dangerous guys at that weight, got back in the ring with a grin, and knocked his ass out.[/QU
;

what do u think jmm can do to beat casa, if jmm is too small and too weak; what can he really do to win, an how competitive can he be or can he be competitive at all. I know jmm has some pop and some athleticism, but i figure those things will get leveled off at a higher weight class; so w/out his a strength or size adv what can he do w/joel.

as u stated as good as jmm is tech, what can he do since his style basically plays to the strengths of what casamayor does tech, strategically...what chance does he have, what can he do.

as stated katsidis, even pac has an aggression and explosiveness that can present prob for joel and maybe overextend him due to the pace/physicality of their styles; but jmm doesn't have that, so what now.

Marquez will undoubtedly have to come-forward, he's too good of a counter-puncher for Joel to be willing to go at him. IMO he's got to go downstairs all night and take Joel's legs away, then in the middle rounds start to integrate an upstairs attach with it. He's going to have to throw lots of leather, jab-left hook low-straight right combinations, and cut the ring off.

You know, the things it took Castillo about 5 rounds to figure out.

I'll take sly old fox over JMM. Casamayor has been in there with biggest and the best 135s in the past decade. JMM doesn't have the strength to really impose his will on Old Dirty. Expect Casa to dodge, hit, dodge... When JMM gets in close, expect clinch, head butt, low blow, and more clinch. I expect blood on JMM by the fourth, distress on his face by the 8th, and overwhelmed in the end. Casa outpoints JMM.

Both Casa and JMM stand at 5'7, and JMM has a really large frame for his body, therefore I give JMM a big strength advantage

Strength has not much to do with height or frame size, JMM has spent much of his career at a lower weight, Casa's been a full lightweight far longer, and fought bigger and stronger Fighters than Marquez could ever hope to be and held his own.

If your theory were true, then every Middleweight over 6'1" who has broad shoulders should be stronger than Cruiserweights or Heavyweights of lesser height, that's hardly the case.

Back