Cartwheel Knockout

Wow, that was fucking badass to pull off.

Too bad it's near impossible though it had a huge surpise factor; I'm sure the loser did not expect the motherfucker to cartwheel into his face.

lol i want to see the next fight he does that move in... you know... the one where the other guy keeps his hands up and kicks him in the mouth while hes doing a hand stand...

thats a move that only works once lol.

ballsy to even attempt it though... he would have looked like a huge douche if he caught air.

Pretty crazy. Technically it wasn't a KO because the guy wasn't out. He just couldn't continue because the cartwheel kick caught him in the eye. I guess it would be a TKO (fighter unable to continue). Anyway, that's just being picky and it was a pretty cool move.

This was posted in the HW a couple weeks ago but it never gets old.

Billy Blanks was great at this. Ideally the opponent would block the first leg. You would pull his arms down and hit with the second leg. I did not see the posted video but it is very flashy.

It is a high risk move sinde you come in straight and lose track of your target for a second. If you have someone who backs up and runs out of ring then you have a good chance. At a minimum, it will get their attention.

great we can have a new group of assholes try to inject themselves in mma, GYMNISTS

YouTube - Arlovski vs Viacheslav

Who would ever think to try that against the Pitbull nowadays?

p.s. In case it's hard to tell at first Andrei is the one with the shaved head who gets KTFO in his first MMA fight.

Anyone know what the date was on this fight? I mean it's pretty obvious AA has come a long way with his fighting just wondering what the time frame was.

reminds me of Tony Jaa's demo, whether you say he fights or not, you cant deny that he's skilled at what he does and those would be awsome if you can pull it off in a fight. and i can see how you might be able to if you dont hesitate, know what you are doing and have enough agility

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I6rKVVL1KEI&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I6rKVVL1KEI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That was American journeyman Brian Ebersole. It's not on fightfinder because it was under stupid X-rules with one round of MT, one round of kick-boxing and then one round of MMA. I was actually there for the fight and honestly don't even remember the knockout to be all that great. I was just relieved it was over because it was such a boring fight.

I guess a boring fight ending like that makes it all the more spectacular though.

I saw the kick done by Billy Blanks. He missed and had his first landing foot swept out and recd a nice punch in the ribs for it.

lol i want to see the next fight he does that move in... you know... the one where the other guy keeps his hands up and kicks him in the mouth while hes doing a hand stand...

thats a move that only works once lol.

ballsy to even attempt it though... he would have looked like a huge douche if he caught air.

I always love people like you that try to discredit what some fighters do.
The fact is, the guy DIDN'T keep his hands up and DIDN'T kick him in the mouth while he was doing a "hand stand". He got KTFO.
You should appreciate innovation.

Cartwheel kicks are nearly impossible to land, similar to the Kyokushin somersault kicks, unless you're opponent is cornered or rushing in.

That was a spinning hook kick, much easier to land.

Oh, I'm so sorry. I said kinda reminds me. Never knew that meant that I was saying it was a cartwheel kick. I'll have to reevaluate my usage of saying something reminds me of something. :icon_neut

Back