Carne Asada

Chad Hamilton

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Im really hungry.

Anyone have a good recipe for Carne Asada.

Urban probably has a way you can create your own cow with a couple of 2X4's and enough spare meats, and then brew your own sauce using collected sweat, distilled water, and a pack of toothpicks.

King Kabuki said:
Urban probably has a way you can create your own cow with a couple of 2X4's and enough spare meats, and then brew your own sauce using collected sweat, distilled water, and a pack of toothpicks.
HAHAHAAHAHAHA!!! That was some funny shit! Mainly because everyone knows you can't make your own cow out of 2x4's. You need 4x4's.

but by chance, you're right, I do have some recipes on hand for carne asada tacos... but I'm not sure (cause I'm culturally illiterate) if straight carne asada is the same thing.

Marinade for 2 lbs of steak-

4 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 limes, juiced
1 orange, juiced
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil

In a mortar and pestle or bowl, mash together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper to make a paste. Put the paste in a glass jar or plastic container. Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Shake it up really well to combine.

Let it marinate for 1-8 hours (but not any more than 8). Preheat an outdoor grill or a ridged grill pan over medium-high flame (you can also use a broiler). Brush the grates with a little oil to prevent the meat from sticking. Pull the steak out of the marinade and season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill (or broil) the steak for 7 to 10 minutes per side, turning once, until medium-rare. Remove the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to settle. cut into cubes and garnish with some cilantro, or go the extra mile and make some Pico De Gallo salsa while your steaks are marinating:

4 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
1 Serrano chile, minced
1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 lime, juiced
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt

Yeah, no problem. Actually that sounds pretty good. I may make some tonight.

Now can you help me find some shorts in the style of Loiseau's?

Urban said:
Marinade for 2 lbs of steak-

4 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 limes, juiced
1 orange, juiced
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil

In a mortar and pestle or bowl, mash together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper to make a paste. Put the paste in a glass jar or plastic container. Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Shake it up really well to combine.

Let it marinate for 1-8 hours (but not any more than 8). Preheat an outdoor grill or a ridged grill pan over medium-high flame (you can also use a broiler). Brush the grates with a little oil to prevent the meat from sticking. Pull the steak out of the marinade and season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill (or broil) the steak for 7 to 10 minutes per side, turning once, until medium-rare. Remove the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to settle. cut into cubes and garnish with some cilantro, or go the extra mile and make some Pico De Gallo salsa while your steaks are marinating:

4 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
1 Serrano chile, minced
1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 lime, juiced
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt

are you mexican? because thats how my family makes it and they are mexican. i know that not only mexican people eat carne asada but i jsut had to ask.

Yeah, that's a good recipe. Ha, only hardc0re cooks own a mortar and pestle.

I own a mortar and pestle.

I grind my herbs and make my own ECA stack.

i got them too. you can make some good ass tacos with carne asada and some salsa picante and lettuce and tomatos, grill the tortillas on the same grill and make a taco. you'll love em

Just take a drive down to your local Filibertos, Humbertos, Hilibertos, or Robertos

desertbake said:
Just take a drive down to your local Filibertos, Humbertos, Hilibertos, or Robertos

I can't tell if thats a joke.

If not...directions?

buakawfan87 said:
are you mexican? because thats how my family makes it and they are mexican. i know that not only mexican people eat carne asada but i jsut had to ask.
Nope, just some caucasion guy that loves good steak. Though, where I live in cali, mexican culture surounds me, The cities around me have a growing hispanic population.

Thanks creep, but I like Urbans. Plus im an Urban nuthugger.

MMMM nuts.

Urban said:
Nope, just some caucasion guy that loves good steak. Though, where I live in cali, mexican culture surounds me, The cities around me have a growing hispanic population.

Yeah, I lived in NYC for about four years, the culinary capital of the world, and it kept that promise, but let me tell you (and with the support of all my Cali friends who were out there with me): NYC Mexican food sucks.

California, Arizona & Texas are the places to be if you like Mexican food.

^^^ because theres more mexicans there. here in VA my friends love "white people" mexican food but when they eat my moms mexican food they jiz in their pants every bite they take.

^^^ because theres more mexicans there. here in VA my friends love "white people" mexican food but when they eat my moms mexican food they jiz in their pants every bite they take.

Hilarious. The same in VA with Asian food coincidentally. I worked a Chinese restaurant in Hampton for 2 years and all my friends who weren't Asian would always ask for Chinese, and could not comprehend it when I would tell them not to ask the cooks about the food. Half the cooks didn't even know HOW to cook, they were doing prep work like breading chicken and then reading ingredient lists, so my friends would always love to hear how Chinese people NEVER eat that shit. That it's about the same quality as McDonald's and they'd be laughed at if they went to a Chinese household and asked for "General Tso's Chicken."

Back