Caribbean earthquake of 7.7 triggers tsunami warnings

Phr3121

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-51287493
_110684926_c28f353f-ae84-401f-9924-e0f47beab2f3-1.png

"A powerful 7.7-magnitude earthquake has struck in the Caribbean, prompting tsunami warnings for parts of the region, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said on Tuesday."

That's a crazy strong earthquake. Hopefully there's little to no tsunami. I was in Japan for the tsunami and volunteered I'm the distant area. Not going to lie what was there still shocks me now thinking about it 9 years later

Should be in Mayberry. Hope there are no tsunamis.

My family in Cienfuegos were calling me to ask me what was going on since the government doesn't tell you shit in Cuba. Hey @Koro_11 did you feel it in Camagüey?

My family in Cienfuegos were calling me to ask me what was going on since the government doesn't tell you shit in Cuba. Hey @Koro_11 did you feel it in Camagüey?
Amigo we felt nothing here in Camaguey, a friend messaged me on what’s app to ask if I’m okay and I had no idea what he was talking about until I googled it.

it was between Cuba and Jamaica so maybe they felt in in Manzanillo or Santiago, but we are in the city literally dead center of the island so nothing here and no one is even talking about it.

Amigo we felt nothing here in Camaguey, a friend messaged me on what’s app to ask if I’m okay and I had no idea what he was talking about until I googled it.

it was between Cuba and Jamaica so maybe they felt in in Manzanillo or Santiago, but we are in the city literally dead center of the island so nothing here and no one is even talking about it.

That’s great man, from the radius I saw it extended up to Varadero. It was from Montego Bay, Jamaica though. Even people in Miami say they felt it. I’m glad nothing came of it and you didn’t even feel it

That's a crazy strong earthquake. Hopefully there's little to no tsunami. I was in Japan for the tsunami and volunteered I'm the distant area. Not going to lie what was there still shocks me now thinking about it 9 years later
Details?

I was glued to CNN for weeks for that. The videos on youtube are still shocking. I doubt Hollywood could even recreate what happened there.

Boats inside of buildings. Power poles made out of reinforced concrete snapped and strewn. Just so many things to say. Worked on a house cleaning it out. It was still wet inside 6 months later.
Driving in Ishinomaki the GPS was off because the area had moved that much. It showed us driving next to the road.
The utter destruction was unbelievable. Just everything was damaged or just gone.
Anyhow don't wish that on the Caribbean at all.

Boats inside of buildings. Power poles made out of reinforced concrete snapped and strewn. Just so many things to say. Worked on a house cleaning it out. It was still wet inside 6 months later.
Driving in Ishinomaki the GPS was off because the area had moved that much. It showed us driving next to the road.
The utter destruction was unbelievable. Just everything was damaged or just gone.
Anyhow don't wish that on the Caribbean at all.
Wow couldn’t imagine man

another earthquake in the caribbean already?
welp....
shit

Weird

I had the craziest dream last night about taking a vacation in the Bahamas.
I got caught by the Bahamian police after stealing a bottle of Champagne from the Champagne museum.
They gave me island probation, and I wasn't able to take my flight back to the states.
At least I got to ride in the waters with my sofa-boat.

Last edited:
maybe it can shake the communism out of their asses

That's a very weird spot for an Earthquake... tectonic slip.

Wow couldn’t imagine man
Dude I still can't and I was there. We'll I was in Chiba when it happened, but seeing destruction and debris for miles is unsettling. Like on a instinct basis. Maybe makes us remember when humans were almost wiped out. IDK

Back