Caribbean Dictators: Choose One!

WaylonMercy5150

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Simón Bolívar
220px-Portrait_of_Sim%C3%B3n_Bol%C3%ADvar_by_Arturo_Michelena.jpg

Known as El Libertador, liberated Venezuela, Bolivia, Ecuador, Columbia, Peru, and Panama from Spanish rule. Was considered a tyrant but considered incorruptible.

Anastasio "Tachito" Somoza DeBayle
general-anastasio-somoza-515412106-58bb51ce5f9b58af5c5df13a.jpg

Nicaraguan Military Dictator; ruled for 50 years and lived lavishly while his countrymen suffered. Was backed by the United States was eventually assassinated in 1980, in Paraguay.

François Duvalier
upload_2020-4-29_20-51-15.jpeg

Known as Papa Doc, he ran a totalitarian government in Hati for 14 years until his death in 1971. He thwarted a military coup and became a figure in Haitian mythology. Was succeeded by his son, known as Baby Doc.

Fulgencio Batista
220px-Fulgencio_Batista%2C_1938.jpg

A Cuban military dictator who ignored the needs of his citizens. On the verge of losing an election in 1952, he led a United States backed military coup and took over total control on the Cuban government. He prostituted the Cuban land and allowed United States investors to take control of over 70% of their sugar industry. Was removed during the Cuban revolution.

For now, we should stick to these 4. I know there are others but forget them. Let us focus on these 4. We should discuss what we like and dislike about each one.

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-29_20-56-6.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-29_20-56-6.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1
They're all pretty good imo

No mention of the Caribbean GOAT dictator, Fidel Castro?
Fidel-Castro-1964.jpg

Good to know his legacy is continued by his son Justin.
1*89DTzg7OzvLrnc8cyAsUSw.png

Id be Papa Doc, so I could swing my British broadcasting channel all over the place.

what about Pinochet he destroyed the commies, was that on the caribean or what

Go take a history lesson or read a book for your facts before you pretend to start a discussion like this DUMBASS

I said that I left off certain dictators. This is a low IQ reply.

Here's a high IQ answer for you:

Dictator did not originally have a negative meaning like it does now. There is also a spectrum between benevolent dictators to malevolent dictators. I would put the post WWII dictator spectrum as Lee Kuan Yew on the end of benevolent dictator to Pol Pot on the end of malevolent dictator (Pol Pot does have a lot of competition for the worst dictator). Let's use this spectrum to judge these four Caribbean dictators then.

1. Simon Bolivar
Like you said, he liberated most of South America from Spanish rule, and was considered a tyrant yet incorruptible. He's revered all across South America. Yes, he did rule with an iron fist, and was a violent general, but all things considered he's the "best" dictator on this list.

***HUGE DROPOFF***

2. Anastasio Somoza Debayle
I actually don't know too much about him, and had to do some reading. He's part of the Somoza dynasty, with his father being a harsh dictator as well. He actually ruled for about 12 years, but during that time he embezzled billions, and even sold the blood of his people to the west. As with most small country dictators during that time, he was a pawn in the proxy Cold War, and aligned with the US. His dictatorship led to the creation of the Sandinistas, so Oliver North can thank him. Out of the four dictators, he's the only one that was assassinated, after exiling to Paraguay

3. Fulgencio Batista
A puppet leader during the Cold War era, and was basically the US's bitch. Sold his country to the US for military support to get him in power, and carried out censorship, torture and execution to maintain power. He worked with American mafia to run gambling, drug trafficking and prostitution in Cuba. Even though Cuba as a whole had a decent economy, the workers were treated poorly. His overthrow by the GOAT Fidel was very welcomed by the Cubans. He showed that in those days, all you had to do was ally yourself to either the US or USSR, and you are guaranteed to have the support to be a dictator.

4. Papa Doc
Crazy dictator using voodoo and cult of personality to impose fear and reverence in the people. Used the Tonton Macoute as a death squad, and even supervised tortures. Even though he had a tenuous relationship with the US, he was good buddies with Batista, which allowed him to become very rich. Extremely lavish lifestyle and established a family dynasty for his son. Horrible internal economic policy that forced intellectuals to flee and a major reason why Haiti is still so poor these days.

No mention of the Caribbean GOAT dictator, Fidel Castro?

Good to know his legacy is continued by his son Justin.
1*89DTzg7OzvLrnc8cyAsUSw.png
<TheWire1>

It was his greatest success and his biggest failure!

He literally cucked a Canadian PM.
He banged and emburdened this birdie.

WEB-MargaretTrudeau-Getty.jpg

This just reinforced his "El Caballo" rep.

His biggest failure was allowing his offspring to be raised by that Canadian cuck.
See the results:

49721CD100000578-0-image-a-82_1519233873825.jpg

17759825.jpg

FEB23_TRUDEAU-COSTUME_POST02.jpg

5a8f6bc2dda4c8075a8b460b.jpg

In the end, Fidel was like "he ain't mah son, let's go full Maury Povich!"

castro_112616~38.jpg

Butt, it was all in his jeans, just like diarrhea...

003-fidel-castro-9.jpg

Fidel still the Mang, tho!

You will regret this post lol.

I was talking to my dad the other day telling him I wanted to go on vacation next summer to Colombia and visit the beaches. And he was like Colombia doesn't have beaches. I just had to sigh and say "that's that southern education for you dude. Look at a fucking map". It has Caribbean and the Pacific. I really want to go to Barranquilla.

Back