carbs before/no carbs before

ryuikarii

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Is eating carbs, like a small thing off brown rice 2-3 hours before workout gonna hinder my weight loss at all, I normally dont eat any carbs besides fruit/veggies.

It might hinder it a little, but it certainly would not halt it. Pre, during, and after training are the best times to consume carbs, as well as the morning.

Like Sonnabend said, it's not the end of the world but carbs PWO may be better due to the fact that the bodies ****bolism is faster PWO, i.e burning more calories. This obviously all depends on when you get the chance to train though.

Some people think that they should eat their carbs before, some after. I have a better answer.

The best moment to consume carbs is arguably between two workouts. If you train twice a day, like most mma fighters, just do it without fearing the consequences(if you consume them in moderation of course).

Run or lift in the morning, have a shake, a shower, then 30 minutes later one plate or two of brown rice, with some chicken breast. 3 hours later, train in mma. That's it.

Well here is the thing, after my last fight (won by ko :icon_chee) I ate like shit for like 2-3 weeks and went from 165ish to 185 right. I was planning on only taking 2 weeks off and watching what I ate but at the time I was dealing with a sucicdel ex(we just lost are baby) and my stress levels were going off the charts. The only thing that made me feel better was eating so every time I argued, 2-3 times a day I would binge. I took it way to far and gained way to much weight and now i am back on my deit and going good. I got another fighting in 3 weeks and I am trying to make it to 165 the monday before I fight (176ish walking around right now) so I dont have cut 10 pounds. From what I got off this site my diet is basically every 2-3 hours fruits/veggies/protein-fish oil multi vita and gallon of water atleast I cycle the fruits. I dont really eat any other types of carbs. I have one person telling me that eating the carbs at the right time will help me lose weight. I just wanna double check before I start with it so I dont end up fucking my weight. If I had more time It wouldnt be a issue but since i only got 3 weeks and i gotta lose quite a bit I thought I would ask on here for opinions.

yeah i ranted, and i feel better, and o yeah i fight at 155

I train alot also. and i do extra cardio besides my normally training every day

Well here is the thing, after my last fight (won by ko :icon_chee) I ate like shit for like 2-3 weeks and went from 165ish to 185 right. I was planning on only taking 2 weeks off and watching what I ate but at the time I was dealing with a sucicdel ex(we just lost are baby) and my stress levels were going off the charts. The only thing that made me feel better was eating so every time I argued, 2-3 times a day I would binge. I took it way to far and gained way to much weight and now i am back on my deit and going good. I got another fighting in 3 weeks and I am trying to make it to 165 the monday before I fight (176ish walking around right now) so I dont have cut 10 pounds. From what I got off this site my diet is basically every 2-3 hours fruits/veggies/protein-fish oil multi vita and gallon of water atleast I cycle the fruits. I dont really eat any other types of carbs. I have one person telling me that eating the carbs at the right time will help me lose weight. I just wanna double check before I start with it so I dont end up fucking my weight. If I had more time It wouldnt be a issue but since i only got 3 weeks and i gotta lose quite a bit I thought I would ask on here for opinions.

yeah i ranted, and i feel better, and o yeah i fight at 155

I train alot also. and i do extra cardio besides my normally training every day

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss and the hard times that followed. I can certainly relate to binging on carbs and fats to relieve depression. You will find conflicting views all over as to how many carbs you should consume, but one thing that all nutritionists will agree is that PWO is the best time to consume them by far.

Berardi recommends low GI carbs PWO, with pre and peri drinks consoisting of protein and glucose polymers (malto and dextrose). Most others recommend morning and PWO (as does Berardi if you are tolerant to carbs.)

The best thing you can do is eat what allows you to train at your fullest potential while still losing fat. Most likely you would be very tolerant to carbs with your training volume, but with such little time before your next fight you are probably better off sticking to what will guarantee results in such little time. Id recommend limiting starchy carbs to just morning and PWO, with your other 3-4 feedings consisting of no more than 20g of carbs from veggies.

Hope this was able to help a bit, best of luck to you!

Ok so normal cup of brown rice/ cup of oatmeal should do the job

Back