CAPTAIN MARVEL v.2 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team/ family aspect is greater than the sum of its parts, but Jean Grey is the best character to focus on.
I assumed the other poster meant "focus" as in the most popular one and the one who gets more screen time, not the focus of whatever story they decide to bring to the big screen.

Wolverine, because of his personality and popularity with the fans, will always be the standout of the group.

I assumed the other poster meant "focus" as in the most popular one and the one who gets more screen time, not the focus of whatever story they decide to bring to the big screen.

Wolverine, because of his personality and popularity with the fans, will always be the standout of the group.

Wolverine is the coolest and the most popular, but he's not a good focus for the stories.
Even in the comics, he's better a a piece of the story, rather than the focus. His solo books pretty much suck ass.
Part of his allure was just that. "always leave thme wanting more" - PT Barnum.

And I retract my post that Jean should be the focus. The focus should be the antagonist/ mission and build layers of teamwork, friends, and family as the story develops. Logan needs to be peeled like an onion.

Wolverine is the coolest and the most popular, but he's not a good focus for the stories.
Even in the comics, he's better a a piece of the story, rather than the focus. His solo books pretty much suck ass.
Part of his allure was just that. "always leave thme wanting more" - PT Barnum.

And I retract my post that Jean should be the focus. The focus should be the antagonist/ mission and build layers of teamwork, friends, and family as the story develops. Logan needs to be peeled like an onion.
There are like 9000 X-Men in the comics. Which members do you think should be a part of the MCU when they're introduced?

daniel-radcliffe-shirtless-vanity-fair-italia.jpg
Physically he just needs to bulk up a bit but he can look the role. The voice though, not sure if he can nail it.

There are like 9000 X-Men in the comics. Which members do you think should be a part of the MCU when they're introduced?

The best way would be to tell a manageable version of Giant Sized X-Men #1.
It would provide for an origin of the OG team (cyc, jean, angel, beast, iceman) as well as an opportunity to introduce more staple characters (storm, logan, colossus, nightcrawler).
I would recommend that it not be exact, maybe change Krakoa to the Living Pharaoh/ Monolith (which is not only cooler, but can be tied into an Apocalypse/ Sinister story for the sequel(s).

Last edited:
Jean is the most accessible and creates more story dynamics than any other aside from maybe Charles, but focusing on Charles would never be sexually charged, which I find is a vital component to the films and drawing in more viewers. Storm essentially occupied this space when she led the team. They will probably do two teams, separated by era.

I've heard some critics of the Captain Marvel comics refer to her as "Carl Manvers". I never understood why until seeing some of the comics where the artist decides to draw her like this:

View attachment 529269

<DisgustingHHH>

<36>

Let's empower women by making this woman into a cross between Jay Cutler and Roy Scheider. Girls will totally be inspired.

This movie is going to make it in the interest in IW/EG.

I always thought Scott Eastwood would be an interesting choice

I’m going to be pissed if she’s the one to defeat Thanos.

Relax, Thor already did that in Infinity War.

thor-thanos-759.jpg

So what he still made 'the snap'. He still takes an L on his record thanks to Thor.

Relax, Thor already did that in Infinity War.

thor-thanos-759.jpg

So what he still made 'the snap'. He still takes an L on his record thanks to Thor.
He gave Thor his L in the beginning. Neither had a weapon (Thanos didn't use the Power Stone) and Thor got smashed. So it's 1-1

He gave Thor his L in the beginning. Neither had a weapon (Thanos didn't use the Power Stone) and Thor got smashed. So it's 1-1

And, realistically, Thor has gotten his shine, so it's maybe someone else's turn to get over.

But even if it is Captain Big Tits, no need to complain, cos Thor gave Big T his first L.

Wait we didn't see Thor fight Thanos in IW. It started with Thor already defeated. How could you know if he didn't use the power stone?

And, realistically, Thor has gotten his shine, so it's maybe someone else's turn to get over.

But even if it is Captain Big Tits, no need to complain, cos Thor gave Big T his first L.
Nobody cares if captain big tits beats thanos now, he’s never been the same after the axe to the chest. He’s past his prime and injured to boot.

Thanos losing to her now is like Fedor losing to Bader, doesn’t matter. Last his prime.

Wait we didn't see Thor fight Thanos in IW. It started with Thor already defeated. How could you know if he didn't use the power stone?
Thanos didn't even bother to use it vs Hulk and after Thanos bitchslapped Hulk, Thor attacked Thanos from behind and Thanos made quick work of him again without the stone.

I'm leaning towards him not using the stone when he smacked up Thor off-screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back