Can't keep Zack Page down

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Zack Page, one of my favorite journeyman boxers, just pulled off an 8 round unanimous decision over Kevin McBride.
McBride was set to fight Robert Hawkins, but on incredibly short notice Page filled in for Hawkins..... less than 5 days notice for Page (who naturally would be fighting at cruiser) to step in and take on the 6'6" giant in Kevin McBride.

Earlier this year Page beat undefeated German prospect Sebastian Koeber in Germany.

Congrats to Page. Not the prettiest record, but a true fighter.
Fights on last minute notice, getting screwed out of fights he should have won, being the smaller man taking on heavies.... the meaning of a fighter.

Good for him.. I'm a fan of Zach Page as well MCPB. Guy's fought everybody under the sun & their brother & always comes to fight.

Definitely, MeBig.
He's a really down to earth and humble guy too.
Going into his fight with Koeber he had told me that it was going to be in Germany.... I started bitching about the judging in Germany and he said he loves to fight in Germany.
Said some of the best, most respectable fans are in Germany.
For his fight with Kubrat and Koeber he said he was stunned with the interest in the sport over here. These are prospects (Koeber and Kubrat Pulev) who really shouldn't have a problem with a guy like Page - almost a foregone conclusion.... but the fans still fill up the seats.
Better yet, they cheer for and are very respectful to Page.

Just kind of cool to hear.

Out of all of the fighters that Page beat and should have been given the decision (and there are alot).... Page admits that Pulev beat him.
He said he was one of the strongest fighters he's faced, and Page has faced alot.

However, if you watch that fight (and it was online a while back) Page looked surprisingly good against Pulev.

Makes you wonder what could have been of Page given a better management/promotional team.

Page is getting up there in age too isn't he? When did he first start boxing?

Pro career started on 05/21/2004...
as for amateur I'm not certain. I'll check with him next time I chat.... I'd be interested to find out.

I always enjoy the good journeyman spoiler story
I love it when you have guys with 15-15 records but that fight though opposition all the tiem and they get there and beat guys with 22-0 records who have been babied

Back