Can't help but feel bad for Anderson

bjj_junkie

White Belt
Reaction score
Let's start by saying I'm a huge Anderson fan and I have not rewarded the fight yet. My first thoughts of the fight was that Anderson clearly won but after reading some tweets from very experienced people I saw that it might not have gone the I thought. That aside, the reason I feel bad is that I've gotten the impression that Anderson feels forced to win in this highlight reel fashion every time. Let's be honest here, if Anderson would have won the way bisping won he would've got sh*t on by everyone and people saying he's done and to hang the gloves. If you noticed, he threw that inverted upward elbow about 6 times and tried setting it up more than I could count. This might just be the fan boy in me but it seemed like he could have taken that fight at some points and held back because it wasn't as "impressive" as we expect from him. For example around the time of the first head kick and the time he front kicked him. He could have gone in and finished tko on either in my option. This all might be my mind in denial but did anyone else kinda get the same vibe?

Andersons the only fighter I've seen dominate another fighter (demien Maia) and get sh*t for it cause it wasn't some tony jaa type ko. We expect too much, yeah he plays around but that's part of his game to open opponents up.

I really don't know what he was thinking tbh - At several points in the fight he couldve unloaded and got the KO no doubt but instead chose to sit back and let Bisping recover. When he was throwing strikes on the front foot most of them were connecting very well. Maybe he was looking for the spectacular KO to mark his return, or maybe he just thought he was winning the fight. Very strange nonetheless

hahahaha butthurt

les go Bisping

1. TLDR.
2. Bisping won, get over it.
3. Anderson is a multi-millionaire, I don't think he needs any sympathy.
4. Steroids.

Silva has a history of good and bad fights. This time it didn't work out for him.
He is not the fighter he was for a variety of reasons.

Why in the hell would you feel bad for Anderson after that performance?

I don't feel bad for him for fact is that he could of ended the fight a few times. I'm setting there watching and saying why in the fuck aren't you trying to finish it. I mean he would have him hurt and then not throw a single punch. Tbh I was frustrated because the guy is so damn talented, but he just fools around to much in the cage. He did the same shit against Chris. Acting silly, bobbing his head etc. and then gets caught. If Bisping had more power he would of put Anderson to sleep. Doing that dumb shit again and got caught. Let's hope that he learns his lesson this fight and actually goes in there and gives his 100%. You would of thought he would of stopped when Weidman put him to sleep, but as we seen he didn't. Anderson is a great fighter, but he has nobody to blame but himself.

He shouldn't have wasted the first 2 rounds showboating and u wouldn't have to feel bad for him.

And yes I read ur thread, saying u feel bad bc he feels preasured to win in devastating fashion..

its not exactly news in this business that sometimes the better fighter loses.
today is one of those days, but a have to agree with the posters here who are pointing out the if Anderson had kept the offensive going he could had KOD Bisping in several occasions .
Anderson corner told him several times to put the pressure on but he didn't seen to listen and he paid the price.

I don't feel bad for him for fact is that he could of ended the fight a few times. I'm setting there watching and saying why in the fuck aren't you trying to finish it. I mean he would have him hurt and then not throw a single punch. Tbh I was frustrated because the guy is so damn talented, but he just fools around to much in the cage. He did the same shit against Chris. Acting silly, bobbing his head etc. and then gets caught. If Bisping had more power he would of put Anderson to sleep. Doing that dumb shit again and got caught. Let's hope that he learns his lesson this fight and actually goes in there and gives his 100%. You would of thought he would of stopped when Weidman put him to sleep, but as we seen he didn't. Anderson is a great fighter, but he has nobody to blame but himself.
Let's put it this way, do you remember how the second chael fight ended? How about okami? I know i don't remember in detail cause they were basic tko and you can see in both those fights he wanted more but chose not to risk it and end it there. Now do you remember how the griffin fight ended? How about irvin, Franklin 1 and 2, vitor, bonnar? Who could not remember those wins? That's what he looks for and that's what fucks him up.

I honestly thought he just didn't really care about winning the decision, until he went HARD in Portuguese about how pissed he was about it.

I think he just prefers going for finishes, and doesn't have the explosiveness he did years ago.

I honestly thought he just didn't really care about winning the decision, until he went HARD in Portuguese about how pissed he was about it.

I think he just prefers going for finishes, and doesn't have the explosiveness he did years ago.
Yea the post fight speech was very odd it seemed like he held back from saying "fuck this shit, I'm done". he was trying to be as nice as possible to the listeners but in Portuguese he expressed how he really felt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back