Cant believe Vargas is reitring

mdobson101

Purple Belt
Reaction score
He's still fairly young isnt he????

Its a shame i remebre his as the up and comer who sought after the best.
Is it due to injuries or that he's never recaptured his best form post Tito???

What a fight that was. Though im a massive mma fan you cant help but love fights like that-two best at the division going for it.

I would have liked his career to gone better for him as he's so likebale but he retires (after mayorga) a rich man, former world champ at the highest level and a people legend.

Jay Nady let it go too long.

Don Felix's shady hand wraps.

Fernando " Face First" Vargas.

Take these three things away and you don't have his issues with weight but you still have his bad back.

I can't stand Vargas but his toughness has allowed his career to last this long. Bad backs ruin careers but not only is his back bad but add the 3 factors above and talk about an impossible hill to conquer.

I hate cheaters but the steroids vs ODLH make sense. Without them he would have never been allowed in the ring.

After 12/2/00 he was never the same.

Vargas has been finished for awhile now. He fell victim to Tito

his win against winky was kinda rediculous .

I love how people think Tito ended Vargas. Vargas was always an easy target. Tito was just the first real hitter he met up with. Sure he beat Quartey, but Quartey only threw two punches and didnt seem to have a genuine interest in fighting until late in the fight when he was down too far to make a difference... Tito provided his first real step up to the world class level and he failed because he never was world class. Vargas was a huge jmid that used his size and strength advantages to bully average fighters around the ring, but he has never looked spectacular in the ring...never.

I love how people think Tito ended Vargas. Vargas was always an easy target. Tito was just the first real hitter he met up with. Sure he beat Quartey, but Quartey only threw two punches and didnt seem to have a genuine interest in fighting until late in the fight when he was down too far to make a difference... Tito provided his first real step up to the world class level and he failed because he never was world class. Vargas was a huge jmid that used his size and strength advantages to bully average fighters around the ring, but he has never looked spectacular in the ring...never.

Wrong

vargas was a high level fighter, who often eschewed his boxing to make a fight a war because of ego; he was big on pride and not being punked or bullied, he gets hit/rocked hes coming right back at u.

vargas was a two time champe and while he never beat the best, he beat everyone else; losing to tito/oscar/shane (2x) is nothing to be ashamed of, three hall of famers who are multiple champs in like what 3 div (130-160)

he was a big draw cus of his passion and his tenacity, give the man his props for what he has accomplished; an he did BEAT wright, how many people can say that.. An yes he did beat him winky got cocky thinking it was in the bag and let vargas steal the championship rounds, an noone has looked as competitive w/wright since, not taylor/not tito/not soliman.. that says something

I disagree.

Don't forget Vargas put the "world class Tito" on his ass and was in the fight until the late rounds.

He didn't beat Winky but Winky could have done a lot more in that fight as well. IMO Winky wasn't as busy as I like but still did enough.

Dude Vargas is Young! but he peaked at the age of 25. It goes to show if you take too much punishment what can happen to you.

Vargas would of beat Tito if it wasnt for the blatant low blows

Vargas would of beat Tito if it wasnt for the blatant low blows

A very very very valid point.

tito always went low when the chips were down.

The more I think about Tito the more I distance myself from his legacy.

so far we have...illegal wraps and low blows.

Anyone wanna take bets on how much he will weigh a year from now?

he was farily young when he fought tito and ODL...im sure he had alot of pressure on him to perform as well..i found him to be exciting and if it went a little differently he'd be huge right now..he certainly had the tools

I disagree.

Don't forget Vargas put the "world class Tito" on his ass and was in the fight until the late rounds.

He didn't beat Winky but Winky could have done a lot more in that fight as well. IMO Winky wasn't as busy as I like but still did enough.

Tito has been knocked down by several b class fighters including Oba Carr and David Reid. That doesnt make Vargas world class.

Vargas has always had great natural gifts, but he ruins it by pausing between each punch. Thats why he has always been beatable.

At one point in time Vargas was in my top 3. Not my top 3 as far as skill but my top 3 as far as favs go. Vargas was a gamer who consistantly showed a lions heart. His fight against Tito is still on of my favorite matches. I think the amount of punishment he's absorbed and the way he has lived outside of the ring have greatly contributed to his abrieviated career. It's too bad.

Vargas will get up for what he calls his last fight. Vargas is very emotional and I can see him putting everything he has into this camp and fight. I also think that Mayorga is a damaged fighter.

I say Vargas beats mayorga by TKO before Rd 10

Tito has been knocked down by several b class fighters including Oba Carr and David Reid. That doesnt make Vargas world class.

Vargas has always had great natural gifts, but he ruins it by pausing between each punch. Thats why he has always been beatable.

Reid and Carr were not even or beating Tito at the time. Vargas was mounting a rally that neither Oba or Reid never hard. Vargas was starting to turn the tide. The other two caught Tito.

Vargas's pausing between punches was A problem but not THE problem. His machismo was probably his biggest fault.

maaaaan vargas was/is one of my favorite fighters

if tito doesnt box his balls in i still think vargas wins that fight
its too bad he never really reached his potential.... he was a warrior to say the least, rarely had a boring fight

war el feroz! hopefully he goes out on top

Reid and Carr were not even or beating Tito at the time. Vargas was mounting a rally that neither Oba or Reid never hard. Vargas was starting to turn the tide. The other two caught Tito.

Your need to watch the Reid fight again. Tito took over in the second half. Reid owned the early rounds.

Back