Canelo's Manager: Relationship With Golden Boy Was Already Broken

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-manager-relationship-with-golden-boy-already-broken--151697

"It would be a lie to say that we have a great relationship [with Golden Boy]. We already had some disagreements behind the scenes, there wasn't a great relationship," Reynoso told ESPN Deportes.

"I have been working with [Golden Boy] with the other boxers we have had, 'Chololo' Larios, 'Chatito' Jáuregui, and it had been a good relationship. But with Saul we have not had the best relationship in the last few fights. Sometimes there are things that do not work as one would like, but we have characterized ourselves by having discipline and doing our job.

"We want it is keep working, fighting, we have nothing against anyone, what we want is to continue the race and everything is in the hands of the lawyers. We have not fought at all this year, of course the pandemic has come, there are many things out there that have not gone as one would like, they are sensitive issues, but we are confident that everything will work out in our favor and we will continue as we have to this point."

Reynoso explains that they are ready and willing to fight anyone out there. They want all of the big names and tough opponents.

Reynoso explains that they are ready and willing to fight anyone out there. They want all of the big names and tough opponents.

lol everyone sees them up to their eyes in shit, better be willing to pay these big named tough opponents.

Canelo owes a lot to gbp.

Having De La Hoya’s image beside him helped a lot as well.

Only 8 fights left to go on the deal.....

Im not too sure about Mexico, Sal Sanchez and JCC are household names in Mexico when it comes to boxing, everyone else like JMM, Morales and MAB are popular but Chavez is on another level, the point is, gbp and De La Hoya made Canelo very rich, it’s not uncommon for a fighter to outgrow their promotion and then wanting out, and he’s not wanting out, he just wants to call his shots, I sense he wants to take the Floyd, Cotto and De La Hoya route eventually and thats fine, I also feel I jumped the gun by quoting he owes a lot to gbp, the dude just wants to fight who he wants, but its really complicated right now and I’m actually starting to feel bad for him, I hope things get worked out.

Im not too sure about Mexico, Sal Sanchez and JCC are household names in Mexico when it comes to boxing, everyone else like JMM, Morales and MAB are popular but Chavez is on another level, the point is, gbp and De La Hoya made Canelo very rich, it’s not uncommon for a fighter to outgrow their promotion and then wanting out, and he’s not wanting out, he just wants to call his shots, I sense he wants to take the Floyd, Cotto and De La Hoya route eventually and thats fine, I also feel I jumped the gun by quoting he owes a lot to gbp, the dude just wants to fight who he wants, but its really complicated right now and I’m actually starting to feel bad for him, I hope things get worked out.
If he wanted to go down that road why did he sign an 11 fight deal seems the money on offer clouded his judgement

I dont know if I agree with "never"
So within the 18 months from that fight to Pacman? I doubt he gets there without Oscar. Oscar being a former opponent of Floyd’s and having a new golden child who was champion played a big deal in the fight being made.

So within the 18 months from that fight to Pacman? I doubt he gets there without Oscar. Oscar being a former opponent of Floyd’s and having a new golden child who was champion played a big deal in the fight being made.
I think Floyd wanting to fight the best Mexican fighters. Canelo being a phenomenon and talks of him being the next big thing. And Mayweather getting clear tactical advantages had more to do with it.

eh, Golden Boy has done pretty much everything a fighter could dream of for Canelo. Oscar is a bit of a clown but I'm not sure what Canelo thinks he's going to get anywhere else.

eh, Golden Boy has done pretty much everything a fighter could dream of for Canelo. Oscar is a bit of a clown but I'm not sure what Canelo thinks he's going to get anywhere else.
You don't think there are promoters who would not have double sold the final right of approval for an opponent? Especially for arguably the biggest star in the sport?

This is not a good look for Canelo at all. You’ve got to look at the global condition right now and see all these joints going bankrupt, and all these folks out of work....just mind boggling this stance.

Hold his next fight in Cowboys stadium with 20K tickets ..."sure, but who’s paying 4K for nosebleeds in a stadium?

Back