• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Canelo vs Usyk, who wins?

Canelo isn't a HW
If he wins this CW title and has a chance at Usyk for the HW title he would definitely be the underdog. Probably worse than if Jones had fought Lewis instead of Ruiz when he went for a strap. Even a competitive loss could add a lot more to Canelo's legacy, than just a novelty fight for a "title" at CW could, so it's about more than just dollars and sense.

And yet Canelo is talking about fighting for a CW title. Usyk could make CW again if he wanted to.
If we're talking 200 pounds. A fight at 190 or less would be just about pointless.

And yet Canelo is talking about fighting for a CW title. Usyk could make CW again if he wanted to.
The difference here is that he would come in as a heavyweight after rehydration. Canelo would obviously be blown up and lose power and speed. He's not at all built for that division. A guy like Benavides is bigger and would fair better. I don't think canelo is beating those guys.

I wonder if well have a Wilder/Fury trilogy if AJ wins the rematch. Id imagine thats a bigger fight than fighting a blown up middleweight, even if its Canelo.
Fair point, but if AJ is able to blast Usyk out in the 2nd fight, I don't think he'll be sharing the ring with Usyk again any times soon, it'll be on to Tyson Fury.
Just the same as after he got the belts back from Andy Ruiz.... there ain't gonna be no rematch.

But I'm a fan, not an insider, wtf do I know.

If AJ blasts away Usyk in the rematch, I doubt that Usyk will be allowed to fight Fury for unification. Instead, it'd be AJ vs Fury for the lineal championship.

As for how Canelo fits into this?

This is such a dumb thread if they really go ahead with Usyk vs Canelo in HW, aside from Canelo looking like Cormier.

All the morons who think Canelo would be allowed to compete at HW failed math in school.

Canelo weighs 175-180 lbs TOPS. He would have to put on 20+ lbs to even make weight at HW.

Have you looked at the fucking guy? He's like 4'11" with shoe lifts on and already shaped like a cube. He scientifically cannot put on 20+ lbs and still be a functional organism.

Last edited:
Most of them were idiots.
Canelo's 1-0-1 against GGG.
Probably will be 2-0-1 (1KO) if they fight again.

Most of them were idiots because......reasons? There can be screwy cards: JCC getting a draw against Sweat Pea was criminal, for example. Canelo getting 6 rounds on one judge's scorecard against Mayweather was fucking ABSURD. Mayweather outlanded Canelo by 120 punches and someone gave him a draw. GGG outlanded Canelo by 49 punches in their first fight. In five rounds he landed more power punches, and in 10 of the 12 rounds he simply landed more punches. But you think people seeing a close fight that could have easily gone to GGG are idiots?

Rendering someone an idiot because of your own bias doesn't give you much credit. It's really a deficit to your character.

Maybe though, just maybe, you might be able to be a Canelo fan, AND a rational thinker.

One does not preclude the other.

All te morons who think Canelo would be allowed to compete at HW failed math in school.

Canelo weighs 175-180 lbs TOPS. He would have to put on 20+ lbs to even make weight at HW.

Have you looked at the fucking guy? He's like 4'11" with shoe lifts on and already shaped like a cube. He scientifically cannot put on 20+ lbs and still be a functional organism.
We thought that Canelo wouldn't even be close to fighting at LHW either, let alone cruiserweight. The guys is the same height as Mayweather and frame-wise, similar size.

But then Canelo did it. It's like the moment where Roy Jones decided to move up to HW and win a belt against Ruiz that one time despite only weight 190. To be frank, when I looked over at Ruiz's record, he's surprisingly not that bad of a HW at the time either.

and then you have Usyk who moved up to HW, gained 10-15 lbs from his days as a cruiser, and started beating top 5 guys alongside Joshua in the division.

Mike Tyson said that athletes are supposed to get better and better as time goes on but from the looks of it, even the fighters from the 80s and 90s can stand more than a chance against the fighters of today.

We thought that Canelo wouldn't even be close to fighting at LHW either, let alone cruiserweight. The guys is the same height as Mayweather and frame-wise, similar size.

But then Canelo did it. It's like the moment where Roy Jones decided to move up to HW and win a belt against Ruiz that one time despite only weight 190. To be frank, when I looked over at Ruiz's record, he's surprisingly not that bad of a HW at the time either.

and then you have Usyk who moved up to HW, gained 10-15 lbs from his days as a cruiser, and started beating top 5 guys alongside Joshua in the division.

Mike Tyson said that athletes are supposed to get better and better as time goes on but from the looks of it, even the fighters from the 80s and 90s can stand more than a chance against the fighters of today.
Actually no, we all knew Canelo and Usyk both cut 15+ lbs of water weight for the weigh ins and regained that weight before stepping in the ring (like most fighters out there). All they had to do to fight at LHW and HW was to stop cutting weight. During the Mayweather vs Canelo fight, the commentators kept mentioning how Canelo outweighed Floyd by at least 15 lbs.

Last edited:
the commentators kept mentioning how Canelo outweighed Floyd by at least 15 lbs.
Yeah, and easily to see how he outweighted also GGG.
Okey, pro boxing is pro wrestling and who brings more $ in, gets better officiating and better cards ofc. It is business.

Simple entertainment business.

Now imagine what might do with 168 lbs division boxer vs lad like Dorticos?

I imagine: don't dream about to get nod on cards, keep him at suitable range, don't think about business fans and commentators, just keep in distance with 1 hand and throw hooks and owerhands in long row.
After 1 round maybe judge will DQ Dorticos to do business task. If Clen will able to stand up.

So a lot of talk of Canelo fighting Beterbiev, a legit LHW and many would give him a shot at beating Biev. And Canelo is seen now as an all-time great. So how about Canelo vs. the best CW in the world? Or is LHW Canelo's limit?
Styles make fights... canelo beats him

Styles make fights... canelo beats him
Most likely, cos he is now enough old, post rehab and post covid.

Lol, and Clen will beat Usyk?
Prime Bet didn't had competed in CW pro division.
More than this: prime Kovalev wanted no part of prime Bet or Gvozdyk.
Unless offer short notice fight as disgrace.
More than this: Kovalev had put his opponent like Eleider on rematch clauses and cherry picked Yarde for his title defense fight.

Okey, he lost vs some fighters, nothing wrong, it is pro wrestling, not a sport.
Kovalev too had cherry picked. Yarde and Eleider.

All the morons who think Canelo would be allowed to compete at HW failed math in school.

<Grimes01>

Nobody MAKES weight at HW lol. it's the only UNLIMITED weight class. You want to jump in, you don't have to weigh a certain amount, you just jump in.

And Canelo is about 5'8' (not 4'11'' LOL) and can beat some lower ranked heavyweights without adding anything.

Usyk for me.
Canelo is great but to fight Usyk would be a risk to far and he knows it. This fight won't obviously happen now as usyk will most likely retire at HW, I also think once Canelo gets the belt off Makubu Canelo will probably retire.

Canelo has some great power but Usyk has taken some big punches off the like of AJ and Chisora and CW is where he thrives. If we flip that Usyk also has power even though most people didn't think he did. He's rocked AJ and left the white Rhino out on his feet while sparring...I know people will say but AJ doesn't have a chin but when we look at the blokes who have rocked him there not exactly small guys (whyte, ruiz, Klitschko, price - in sparring) I think that's proves usyk isn't exactly pillow fisted.

I can't imagine Canelo staying at CW risking fighting the likes of Okolie and Briedis.

Usyk just wiped the floor with a 240lbs monster. If Canelo walked through Biev or Bivol itd still be insane to think he could take Usyk out.

Slight correction - Usyk just wiped the floor with a 240 pounds hypejob.

But yes your point still stands. Even if Canelo beats Beterbiev, Bivol, and the current CW champ, he's getting battered by Usyk, that's obvious.

Back