Canelo vs Plant Nov.6th PBC Showtime PPV

There is a lot of talk in the uk that Eddie Hearn and DAZN will make a one fight offer for canelo to fight on DAZN to help launch the platform in uk and other countries given that Campbell Garcia is off. Opponents smith or Ryder

There is a lot of talk in the uk that Eddie Hearn and DAZN will make a one fight offer for canelo to fight on DAZN to help launch the platform in uk and other countries given that Campbell Garcia is off. Opponents smith or Ryder
That might be worth $35 million to them. I’d prefer to see him fight Plant, but if he’s going the PPV route for that one 5 weeks isn’t a lot of time.
Does anyone think a Plant fight is a big PPV fight btw? I think it’s a competitive fight, but Plant seems a bit obscure for the PPV treatment. He strikes me as an Oba Carr level guy and not someone you’d pay $75 to watch.

That might be worth $35 million to them. I’d prefer to see him fight Plant, but if he’s going the PPV route for that one 5 weeks isn’t a lot of time.
Does anyone think a Plant fight is a big PPV fight btw? I think it’s a competitive fight, but Plant seems a bit obscure for the PPV treatment. He strikes me as an Oba Carr level guy and not someone you’d pay $75 to watch.
No one active in the US is a big PPV fighter. As for a big PPV fight? Canelo vs anyone is basically going to draw with his fans in the Mexican population(not exclusive to) in the US.

Canelo should pull a Michael Spinks and skip cruiser and face Wilder for the Bridgerweight title.

With the right promotion + stacked card Canelo vs Fury would sell at least 5 million but this freak show will never happen,lol!

Fury vs Wilder 2 almost did 1. 3 million in north America and the whole card was Meh.

No one active in the US is a big PPV fighter. As for a big PPV fight? Canelo vs anyone is basically going to draw with his fans in the Mexican population(not exclusive to) in the US.

Canelo should pull a Michael Spinks and skip cruiser and face Wilder for the Bridgerweight title.

Fury conceivably could be with the right opponents (Fury/Joshua properly hyped would sell PPVs in the US and a Fury/Wilder 3 fight would still sell).

With the right promotion + stacked card Canelo vs Fury would sell at least 5 million but this freak show will never happen,lol!

Fury vs Wilder 2 almost did 1. 3 million in north America and the whole card was Meh.
I thought the highest estimates for Fury/Wilder 2 put it at 800k, and it was considered a dud because their guarantees were so high.

Fury conceivably could be with the right opponents (Fury/Joshua properly hyped would sell PPVs in the US and a Fury/Wilder 3 fight would still sell).

Fury nor Joshua is an American fighter.
Fury/Joshua is super fight and unification, I would hope that any HW fight for the undisputed title does good business. Fury/Wilder 3 probably would sell, but it took Fury rising off the canvas and a heavily disputed decision in the 1st one for the 2nd one to sell. Their 1st fight was heavily talked about AFTER the fact, but it didn't sell well at all.

Canelo has shown time and time again he can sell PPV's. Now with Canelo, they probably have to sell 500-600K if not more a PPV to turn a profit on the event with what he makes.

But there's no one in the US who does great numbers. Tank and Spence did good numbers their last PPV's but only because it was either their debut or the salaries were low enough that it was considered good. But even then, those are PPV numbers that the UFC can slap their name on any card as long as the main event has a title with someone who weighs above 135lbs and isn't a woman(talking active fighters only)

I thought the highest estimates for Fury/Wilder 2 put it at 800k, and it was considered a dud because their guarantees were so high.

1. 3 million (traditional and digital PPV) and the card was utter trash.

Fury vs Joshua, with the right promotion and a stacked card, would sell more than 2 millions Imo.

Fuck Klitschko era. Pretty much the reason why guys like Fury, Wilder etc still didn't crack Mike Tyson status in the states.

Fury/Joshua is super fight and unification, I would hope that any HW fight for the undisputed title does good business. Fury/Wilder 3 probably would sell, but it took Fury rising off the canvas and a heavily disputed decision in the 1st one for the 2nd one to sell. Their 1st fight was heavily talked about AFTER the fact, but it didn't sell well at all.

Canelo has shown time and time again he can sell PPV's. Now with Canelo, they probably have to sell 500-600K if not more a PPV to turn a profit on the event with what he makes.

But there's no one in the US who does great numbers. Tank and Spence did good numbers their last PPV's but only because it was either their debut or the salaries were low enough that it was considered good. But even then, those are PPV numbers that the UFC can slap their name on any card as long as the main event has a title with someone who weighs above 135lbs and isn't a woman(talking active fighters only)

If Fury vs Wilder 3 happens, let's make an AV bet, lol.

Also, you are comparing two complete different models.

If Fury vs Wilder 3 happens, let's make an AV bet, lol.

Also, you are comparing two complete different models.
what models? ESPN PPV for boxing and UFC still require you to pay $5 a month to ESPN+ and then pay for the PPV. $80 for Boxing, $65 UFC.

Same exact model. Just because the boxing has the Ali act doesn't make the PPV model different.

Just the UFC has gotten people to buy into the fact the best fighters in the world fight for them. They have 1 champion(usually). People feel like theres a logical path to the title most the time.

There's absolutely nothing stopping a Floyd Mayweather from creating his own sanctioning body and title and partnering it with PBC(they can't make their own) and then promoting that they are where the only real and best competition is. It's exactly what Dana did when he took over the UFC. Sure it'd mean that there's another title, but if no one with PBC fought for the WBO,WBA,WBC,IBF titles then it wouldn't matter and they can claim theirs is the only belt that matters.

They are in fact the same model though.

I never said either was an American fighter, I said Fury/Joshua would sell well on PPV in the US and that Fury could conceivably sell relatively well in the US.

I never said either was an American fighter, I said Fury/Joshua would sell well on PPV in the US and that Fury could conceivably sell relatively well in the US.
Usyk outsold him in Chicago vs Fury in Vegas in tickets sold the last time he didn't have a big name to go up against.

But yeah, Fury could be well conceived in the US if he fought here full time but who would he fight? You gotta think if there is a crowd that the UK will get a Joshua fight should it happen. I would feel a Usyk match would happen there too. Wilder and Ruiz are the only ones that make sense to have in the US unless it's against lesser known names in Vegas.

Fury could still probably sell PPV's well enough though. Joshua is the only fight thats breaking a million buys. Fury/Wilder 3 i expect to do less than 2 if it happens

1. 3 million (traditional and digital PPV) and the card was utter trash.

Fury vs Joshua, with the right promotion and a stacked card, would sell more than 2 millions Imo.

Fuck Klitschko era. Pretty much the reason why guys like Fury, Wilder etc still didn't crack Mike Tyson status in the states.
Stacked cards don't sell PPV's. The main event sells the PPV.

Stacked cards don't sell PPV's. The main event sells the PPV.
Stacked cards sell PPVs too. I remember when Tyson went to Prison and King was forced to put on good cards. A friend that started being a fan in the late 90's thought it was the Golden era of boxing. :D

Plant doesn't have the power to stop Canelo or get any of the close rounds. Canelo gets the UD, but probably not the stoppage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back