Canelo vs Plant Nov.6th PBC Showtime PPV

It's because they don't like their diva being called out. It somehow validates their boxing wisdom.

Canelo can be a legitimately great boxer who ALSO happens to be a cheating PED user who ALSO somehow quite unusually gets the benefit of doubt of EVERY close round. It's damn peculiar. Something rotten there. Not even Mayweather, a superior boxer, was graced with such blessed judging.

Thing is, when a Canelo fan hears that his fighter might have had a huge advantage from those things that contributed to his winning, they get shitty about it and refuse to allow it.
Now he is no longer with Golden Boy though.
Will the judges love him the same?

Canelo was being picky, too. Not sure if you were keeping that in mind. Canelo has consistently been described as "difficult" by pretty much everybody. I know the A side argument will come up, but it seems an overriding point compared to other guys who were great.
By willing to fight Golovkin (delayed by Covid), BJS, and Smith (who everyone said hed duck), and now Plant? Wow, how dare he want to fight top contenders.

tbh havent seen much of Plant, would you say he's the easiest out at SMW? Why is Benevidez never in the conversation?
Is Benevidez still at 168? Didn’t be lose his title on the scales?

tbh havent seen much of Plant, would you say he's the easiest out at SMW? Why is Benevidez never in the conversation?
I dont think very highly of one over the others between Smith, Benevidez, and Plant. Pretty tight race.

Just go ahead and claim Canelo is ducking him because we know yall are looking for the next person Canelo is supposedly avoiding lol.

I dont think very highly of one over the others between Smith, Benevidez, and Plant. Pretty tight race.

Just go ahead and claim Canelo is ducking him because we know yall are looking for the next person Canelo is supposedly avoiding lol.
You can't duck out of your weight class, canelo is still officially MW? You just have to have fun with the bullshit, until its signed everything's worth less than nothing in boxing. Benevidez beats him imo but stepping up it shouldnt be a tragedy.

Now he is no longer with Golden Boy though.
Will the judges love him the same?

Is it a Golden Boy thing or his team's shenanigans? They aren't above PED use out of training camp to avoid being caught. We'll see.

By willing to fight Golovkin (delayed by Covid), BJS, and Smith (who everyone said hed duck), and now Plant? Wow, how dare he want to fight top contenders.

Hmm. Not arguing this, just saying something super true about him which can also exist.

Hmm. Not arguing this, just saying something super true about him which can also exist.
Its not true at all though? Canelo was putting out offers to multiple top contenders so how is that being picky?

Its not true at all though? Canelo was putting out offers to multiple top contenders so how is that being picky?

My observation has been an overall, historical one. His most recent activity is encouraging but by no means defining of his character in business dealings.

I'm looking forward to getting out of 2020 (as I'm sure most people are) and seeing what fights make up the landscape next year.

My observation has been an overall, historical one. His most recent activity is encouraging but by no means defining of his character in business dealings.

I'm looking forward to getting out of 2020 (as I'm sure most people are) and seeing what fights make up the landscape next year.
Thats nonsense. Canelo has fought quality opposition since he hit the big stage. Couple shitty fights sprinkled in like literally every other top boxer. But his level of opponents is far better than anyone else currently not named Pac.

With PBC making that type of announcement, I would bet on Canelo-Plant.

Thats nonsense. Canelo has fought quality opposition since he hit the big stage. Couple shitty fights sprinkled in like literally every other top boxer. But his level of opponents is far better than anyone else currently not named Pac.

Sure. I can see the argument.

There are a lot of guys in the game who say that Canelo fought some of his biggest names after their primes. Sure the win is there, but also, some of these fights happened after these guys were peak threats.

Not ideal, but it could have been worse.
Plant is better than Fielding, Chavez Jr, Kirkland, Angulo etc.

Back