Rumored Canelo vs Crawford

Who wins?

• Total voters
They said the same thing about Floyd.
But I wouldn't really put Crawford in the "slick" department.
And whos a slick black guy he can fight?
There really isnt any.
Its not my argument, as stated. The only guy that makes sense for Canelo is Benavidez. Then if he's not going to fight David, cool let's see how great Crawford really is.

Just because Crawford likes to go for the finish & isn't afraid to engage in some wild exchanges i don't agree with saying he's not slick.

You don't dominant at the weights he has dominated at & beat some of the guys he has beat without what I would consider to slickness.
Nobody really believed Bud had the power or strength that he had until we all saw the Spence massacre.

But its not a real term & like everything boxing its subjective.

He does fight good opponents. There's 1 fight that hasn't been made yet that people want to see. That doesn't disqualify his whole resume.
Canelo’s last 5 fights are against Munguia, Charlo, Ryder, 40-year-old Golovkin, and Bivol (whom he lost to). That gotta be the worst resume of all the current champs’.

Canelo’s last 5 fights are against Munguia, Charlo, Ryder, 40-year-old Golovkin, and Bivol (whom he lost to). That gotta be the worst resume of all the current champs’.
Charlo was bogus but the other fights were fine. Munguia was a fine opponent, he just wasn't who people wanted him to fight.

A welterweight against a super middleweight? i mean i dont think it will be even close but if crawford somehow wins it will be one of the best wins in boxing history. i dont give him much of a chance though.

A welterweight against a super middleweight? i mean i dont think it will be even close but if crawford somehow wins it will be one of the best wins in boxing history. i dont give him much of a chance though.
I'm with you. I think Canelo could be the first guy to both beat and stop Crawford. I don't have any interest in it.

The weight difference between Canelo and Bud is actually the same as between Canelo and Floyd. Would you say Canelo destroyed Floyd and it wasn’t even close?

The weight difference between Canelo and Bud is actually the same as between Canelo and Floyd. Would you say Canelo destroyed Floyd and it wasn’t even close?
Are you kidding? Canelo is a much bigger man than Crawford. Canelo would die making 160 lbs while Crawford is making 147 lbs without a problem. All that while Canelo was known to be a master at cutting weight lol. Also it doesnt matter how big the size difference actually is. Canelo beats world class super middleweights and Crawford beats Welterweights. Weightclasses exist for a reason.

Are you kidding? Canelo is a much bigger man than Crawford. Canelo would die making 160 lbs while Crawford is making 147 lbs without a problem. All that while Canelo was known to be a master at cutting weight lol. Also it doesnt matter how big the size difference actually is. Canelo beats world class super middleweights and Crawford beats Welterweights. Weightclasses exist for a reason.
I am not kidding. During their fight, Floyd was 150 lbs, Canelo was 165 lbs. Nowadays, Bud is 165 lbs, Canelo is 180 lbs.

Floyd has proven a 15 lbs difference could be overcome with technique.

I am not kidding. During their fight, Floyd was 150 lbs, Canelo was 165 lbs. Nowadays, Bud is 165 lbs, Canelo is 180 lbs.

Floyd has proven a 15 lbs difference could be overcome with technique.
Canelo was a drained 15 lbs heavier. Canelo will be 15 lbs heavier without being drained. big difference. P4P i would say Floyd edges Crawford, but the current Canelo is head and shoulders above the 23 year old Canelo (he might be declining, but certainly still stronger than this baby version, while Crawford at 36 is probably also declining). I would be very surprised if Crawford would give him a close fight. I mean he was dropped against some welterweight whoms name i cannot even remember.

Canelo was a drained 15 lbs heavier. Canelo will be 15 lbs heavier without being drained. big difference. P4P i would say Floyd edges Crawford, but the current Canelo is head and shoulders above the 23 year old Canelo (he might be declining, but certainly still stronger than this baby version, while Crawford at 36 is probably also declining). I would be very surprised if Crawford would give him a close fight. I mean he was dropped against some welterweight whoms name i cannot even remember.
I agree with most of your points but all that means is that a Canelo fight won’t be a cakewalk for Bud like it was for Floyd. All things considered, I think the fight will be close.

Canelo is really a blown-up MW and Bud could easily fight at SWW. Bud would actually have a significant reach advantage.

Canelo has always struggled against boxers with great footwork. Floyd obviously beat him, Lara won every round until he stopped throwing punches, Bud will box circles around him and won’t stop punching.

Canelo has slipped a lot in recent years. He couldn’t even finish Jermell Charlo and hasn’t finished anyone since 2021. After Bud makes quick work of Madrimov, a lot more people will be interested in Bud vs Canelo.

Last edited:
Back