News Canelo Alvarez Vs Daniel Jacobs May 4

Who wins?

• Total voters

Mr WorldWide

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Canelo just announced it. I think Jacobs can make it a good fight with his Speed and power

Phenomenal fight! MW division is stacked as fuck. I love they're mixing things up.

Canelo just announced it. I think Jacobs can make it a good fight with his Speed and power

Ah excellent if true! This is the fight I wanted to see for Canelo, not another rematch with GGG. I think Danny will bring it and give Canelo a very hard fight. Not counting Canelo out though as he's shown he is one of the best around.

Very good fight. Jacobs is probably one of the more underated boxers out there. He really tested GGG. Some felt he won the fight.

Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
If Clenelo wins this he's p4p #1 easily. Great fight if true.

Phenomenal fight! MW division is stacked as fuck. I love they're mixing things up.

it's just Canelo/GGG/Jacobs, a doping cheat who likely won't be fighting in the US because he'd have to go through VADA testing, and Charlo who looked shaky in his last fight and maybe Andrade. It's not stacked by any means.

I'd argue there's more competition at the top of the HW division than there is the MW division

Should be a good scrap... Canelo has top-tier skills and warrior spirit and always entertaining... Guess I am stuck with DAZN for a bit longer...

it's just Canelo/GGG/Jacobs, a doping cheat who likely won't be fighting in the US because he'd have to go through VADA testing, and Charlo who looked shaky in his last fight and maybe Andrade. It's not stacked by any means.

I'd argue there's more competition at the top of the HW division than there is the MW division
It's still a good division... Canelo, GGG, Jacobs, BJS, Jermall Charlo, Derevyanchenko, Lemieux, Demetrius Andrade

HW division being stacked has nothing to with the MWs.

Awesome fight.

A stoppage or dominate showing could have Canelo on top of p4p lists but I'm hoping for Jacobs to fight up to his level of competition and put in a good performance.

Holy shit its fucking happening. Hell yes.

Danny will out box him 9/12 rounds and lose a decision

This makes me happy.

What if they make it a PPV?
They didn't pay Canelo $365 million to put it on PPV instead of the platform they need subscribers for. Also it's been confirmed on DAZN already

They didn't pay Canelo $365 million to put it on PPV instead of the platform they need subscribers for. Also it's been confirmed on DAZN already
Maybe I'm being too cynical but I don't trust them. DAZN subscription seems like a good deal, but like all good deals they always eventually pump up the prices.

Maybe I'm being too cynical but I don't trust them. DAZN subscription seems like a good deal, but like all good deals they always eventually pump up the prices.
And that's a possibility, it's their right, but I wouldn't expect a price change until at least 1 year after launch. At the same time, I'm 99.99999% certain he's not going to be on any PPV's until after his deal is up. Especially when they paid for Goldenboy as well

Back