Canadians shut out of UFC this weekend?

DezWalker

MMA Stats geek
@Green
Reaction score
There was a thread about this earlier in the week but it more or less died when someone said that Sportsnet 360 was airing the FS 1 prelims and the main card for the FS 1 show.

As of today both my cable (Bell Express VU) guide and the Sportsnet.ca website are still both listing no shows on Saturday. UFC.ca is listing the Berlin show as being available on Fight pass and the early prelims for Brazil being available on Fight Pass as well but nothing else.

Can anyone confirm that the FS 1 shows will or will not be available in Canada? If they're not, this will be the first time that there has ever been a show since the dark ages where there was no way someone in Canada could watch it.

If you're connected to the internet there's ways to watch every event, either from a legit source or not.

Who the hell I aker and why are you ghey for him?

Lost a sig bet, obv...

As for "other ways", can you elaborate? If you're talking illegal stream, I guess I'll go that route but I have Fight Pass and I have a maxed out cable sub and the reason is so that I don't have to go that route...

I am from Canadiana and would like to watch as well, I hope it's on sportsnet

Not my problem you don't know what freedom tastes like.

CanadiEns were just shut out by the New York Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry)

Thanks, I see that now too. Here's what it shows under "events schedule though"
http://www.ufc.ca/schedule
Saturday
May 31
12:30PMET
TV
UFC Fight Night Prelims: Munoz vs. Mousasi

3:00PMET
TV
UFC Fight Night: Munoz vs. Mousasi

6:30PMET
TV
The Ultimate Fighter Brazil Finale Early Prelims: Miocic vs. Maldonado

Fightpass. That's the only way to watch it. Checked my guide (Rogers) and the UFC mainpage. I don't mind that really, as I can rewind and pause and all that shit.

Now I'll have to make sure to turn off my hola extension that I use to get WWE network to watch this stuff...:icon_chee

CanadiEns were just shut out by the New York Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry)

Nope, just fine. Most of Canada hates the Canadiens.

I have Pouliot and Brassard on my playoff pool team so I'm happy.

Nope, just fine. Most of Canada hates the Canadiens.

I have Pouliot and Brassard on my playoff pool team so I'm happy.

Yep every person I've talked to has been cheering for the Rangers

This blows. I have plans all day long so I can't watch it on fight pass, even if I wanted to order it. And obviously I can't DVR it. I doubt that I would download them later. Oh well. I hope this isn't a trend of Sportsnet having less UFC content.

The Berlin show, I get because they're advertising it as Fight Pass exclusive but the FS 1 show? They are airing 3 WWE replays in a row that night as well as a replay of TUF from Wednesday and an episode of UFC Wired. They couldn't pre-empt any of that?

Their contract must only allow for a certain number of dates and maybe they'd have to pay more for any extras and they determined that this show wouldn't do the numbers to warrant extra money. Only explanation that makes sense.

Back