• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Canadian PM Trudeau: "It will no longer be possible to buy, sell, transfer, or import handguns"

Not really surprised at this, maybe moreso that it took this long to happen in Canada. If you guys are OK with it then fine, but I don't expect law abiding Americans to follow suit peacefully.

If anyone wants my guns, they'll have to pry them from my dead hands.

Molon_Labe_Come_and_Take_Them.png

Hyperbolic; I'd probably slide some others in there as well - Sparta, Japan, China, England - colonizing period, Rome (although they were happy to let you become Roman shortly after you were conquered)

Loosened them from laws imposed to comply with the Treay of Versailles, but that's just the details.. They also banned all Jews from owning guns before they started concentrationcamps; go figure.
It is a bit different.
U.K did not had banned any nation.If we talk about period after WW1 ...
They just did all the best in their abilities to disarm all casual citizens.
Helpless population was their aim.
Hitler?
With him stuff was that only loyal to their party germans had handguns.
Not all germans had been allowed...
Not enough proper germans were laid off or even locked in prisons etc...
Rome was about social status and....religion.
In old times good citizens were old religions believers...
Later when ruled Pope....it was again different thing....
Rome was place where Papal State had born.
It's history is older than modern major powers and was for longer period too....
Social status+ religion + loyality to current ruler.

However ancient greece and rome clearly defined major difference between upper class and lower class and difference how to determine slave from free man in peacetime.
Very clear definitions....

Fuck off, Canada.

Honestly, I don't get why you wouldn't be more like "Good for you Canada! Keep doing you!" You're (evidently) in Texas, and have massive philosophical differences from the Canadian populace at large. Wouldn't you prefer to have some frozen northland where all the people you didn't like could say "That's it - I'm moving to Canada!" rather than this:

3qt1v3.jpg

I'd think you'd want to be a recruitment office for people moving to Canada.

Honestly, I don't get why you wouldn't be more like "Good for you Canada! Keep doing you!" You're (evidently) in Texas, and have massive philosophical differences from the Canadian populace at large. Wouldn't you prefer to have some frozen northland where all the people you didn't like could say "That's it - I'm moving to Canada!" rather than this:

3qt1v3.jpg

I'd think you'd want to be a recruitment office for people moving to Canada.

Because I hate seeing free (or supposedly free) people living under tyrants and dictators.

No, "Yay, keep being mindless sheep!" is a much better way *rolleyes*

Wanting Texas to be more like California is WAY different from wanting Canada too be more like the US. One GIVES freedoms, the other TAKES them AWAY.

It is hard for me to believe that that few people get murdered.

Dude, that;'s per 100k. For the US population, that's almost 21k in toto.

Now, that's all murders, and certain areas are worse than others - Chicago, NY, DC, LA (the ones with the strictest gun laws, no less)

That's not even particularly low compared to a lot of places. Japan is 0.3

I've been to big street festivals in Japan. I was there for Halloween not long ago, and those people fucking love Halloween. I felt 100% safe. It was like being at an NRA convention with a Secret Service detail keeping the guns out. I'm walking lost through the back alleys of Kyoto and feel great. In the US, I don't even feel safe walking past McMansions where brain dead teens and loose dogs, political extremists, and bad cops ruin the vibe.

Dude, that;'s per 100k. For the US population, that's almost 21k in toto.

Now, that's all murders, and certain areas are worse than others - Chicago, NY, DC, LA (the ones with the strictest gun laws, no less)

I know, but think about all the road rage, snitches, and pedos. Seems like it should be 100 per 100k.

virtually nothing is "needed." i guess we should ban phones, computers, pencils, cups, pizza, automobiles, etc.

but hey, drugs were banned and everyone immediately and forever ceased to get/do them. so bans clearly work!
Gun death numbers are much better in places where they are not allowed. And you know that but you contend it shouldn’t be because you think they’re interchangeable with pizza. Which is exactly why shouldn’t have one. Enjoy your pizza.

Gun death numbers are much better in places where they are not allowed. And you know that but you contend it shouldn’t be because you think they’re interchangeable with pizza. Which is exactly why shouldn’t have one. Enjoy your pizza.

...or it was because you made an argument with dumb criteria, of banning things not being "needed."

guns are banned in mexico. their "gun death numbers" don't seem much better... and the populace gets to live at the whim of the narcos and federales, as a bonus.

...or it was because you made an argument with dumb criteria, of banning things not being "needed."

guns are banned in mexico. their "gun death numbers" don't seem much better... and the populace gets to live at the whim of the narcos and federales, as a bonus.
And that example sounds like an especially strong one considering how frequently when guns are banned the narcos and federales take over. I’m good on chatting with you man. You live in a very tilted dream world where the taste of hate is savored and longs to clutch a weapon.

And that example sounds like an especially strong one considering how frequently when guns are banned the narcos and federales take over. I’m good on chatting with you man. You live in a very tilted dream world where the taste of hate is savored and longs to clutch a weapon.

lolz @ trying to strawman me with a reductio ad absurdum in a double fallacy.

...because i totally said that, right? or i brought up a single example with a big country we share a border with because you said "Gun death numbers are much better in places where they are not allowed." but when disproved (easily), you can just pull fallacies out of your rectum.

so much for bans on unnecessary items and "better" "gun death numbers." shit, i guess you don't have a position left. huge surprise.

Thank you for the response. Sounds like exactly where American politics are heading permenantly.
There are, like, five to ten Canadians weighing in in this thread. Myself, Sammy, Heretic, Bald, Damian, Phite, etc.

The reality is that this will probably be a very popular measure in Canada. Just to be clear, I'm totally against this, as a center lefty (classically liberal) who is actually in favour of not insignificant gun regulation. The problem is, most of Canada is utterly ignorant on anything to do with guns, our politics are incredibly reactionary to what happens in the US, and we have a party in charge which has built its brand on capitalizing on things like this and preying on scared Canadians. This law isn't even targeted towards a problem we have in Canada - that being, legal handgun owners who are out shooting people, which is vanishingly rare. This assessment of our government isn't a gracious interpretation, but I think it is actually a fairly reasonable one, if you look at the rhetoric leveraged by our leader (post 189 shows a few example of government rhetoric - and they create an "us and them" on everything from Covid to abortion to guns to Indigenous issues and so on). We have a "vote anyone but blue" (blue being Conservative here) or even a "vote for anyone who will keep the blues out" attitude which is prominent, and our current leadership is dead set on driving home the idea that the blue people aren't just wrong, they're morally reprehensible. It's a disturbing mimicry of the worst of U.S. Political divisive practices, by a group of people who will, at their face, say they want to be anything but like the Americans.

As a 2A supporter, I feel for my Canadian brothers & sisters. But it's your country & you must fight for it, though we welcome you, legally ;), to the states.

Haven't gone through the thread but how is "assault weapon" defined? The problem with legislation for specific guns is that the manufacturers will tweak the design. Does the legislation account for this too? Technology is always ahead of legislation.

I can't tell you how much I fucking hate this guy. The middle class is dying and he's doing nothing about it. The fucking loser winning proves Canadians are retarded.

You can't defend yourself in Canada against anything. Meanwhile he has armed guards. Fucking jokes.
Less then a 3rd of the population voted for him .he's not well liked. Problem is all the people that didn't vote at all.

As a 2A supporter, I feel for my Canadian brothers & sisters. But it's your country & you must fight for it, though we welcome you, legally ;), to the states.

Haven't gone through the thread but how is "assault weapon" defined? The problem with legislation for specific guns is that the manufacturers will tweak the design. Does the legislation account for this too? Technology is always ahead of legislation.
Anything that makes Trudy shake in his diaper.

Back