• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Canadian PM Trudeau: "It will no longer be possible to buy, sell, transfer, or import handguns"

A long winded nothing burger about Trudeau being a dictator

Blah blah blah
Kinda like this nothing burger about freezing the legal transfer of restricted firearms, between licensed individuals, because of dead kids in another country.

Guess that's your way of saying you can't defend your position. I believe we're done here. Carry on.
the RCMP said it only provided banks with the names of convoy organizers and the owners of trucks who had refused to leave the protest area. The RCMP said it did not release an exhaustive list of every donation made.

"At no time did we provide a list of donors to financial institutions," the statement said.

Directly contradicts your posts about donors getting frozen

Simply put, we don't have a Canadian sourced hand gun problem here. This isn't debatable. It's a fact.

So if a law does nothing but penalize law abiding citizens, how can it be anything but excessive or overbearing?
Proactive, I think is what they call it.

To me, the most worrying part of the article is about how this government wants to expand FINTRAC authorities. Be careful what your wish for Liberals; when this backfires and begins to affect your special interest groups, don't say you weren't warned.

I actually made a post about precisely this back when this was happening. Anyone else remember when Mitch McConnel said "You'll regret this, and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think" about Democrats changing the rules to get judges crammed through with less of a majority? People should pay attention the multiple Supreme Court justices the Republicans were able to get in, just a few years later, because of this. When you drop a cool new toy in the box, don't start crying when the next kid in there starts to play with it - and they will.

Kinda like this nothing burger about freezing the legal transfer of restricted firearms, between licensed individuals, because of dead kids in another country.
I don't really care too much about the gun thing

But non Canadians in this thread are spewing nonsense comparison to nazi Germany and China and illuminati lizard people

Yawn

the RCMP said it only provided banks with the names of convoy organizers and the owners of trucks who had refused to leave the protest area. The RCMP said it did not release an exhaustive list of every donation made.

"At no time did we provide a list of donors to financial institutions," the statement said.

Directly contradicts your posts about donors getting frozen

Immediately before what you selectively clipped there:

"In a statement released Monday, the RCMP said it only provided banks with the names of convoy organizers and the owners of trucks who had refused to leave the protest area. The RCMP said it did not release an exhaustive list of every donation made.

"

Most bank accounts frozen under the Emergencies Act are being released, committee hears | CBC News

They say they don't release "an exhaustive list" - but they don't say they didn't release a list with donors. At best you can say that is unclear but, particularly when paired with the multiple examples I provided above of people who were just donors that had their accounts frozen, you either have to be dishonestly spinning the situation to make the case you're making, or you have to have information you are not providing.

If you don't have anything better to come back with I will not be responding any more. If you don't have anything to substantiate the claims you're making, it is clear that you've lost this point and you're wasting my time.

Proactive to address a possible problem that hasn't manifested itself despite the possibility of it happening for decades?

I get you're trying to troll here, but this is pretty weak.
Not really. I don’t care for you having any gun rights and am totally cool with it being restricted or banned based on hypotheticals alone. No troll whatsoever.

Apply that logic to a different, specific group and it would be considered persecution.
Well yea that’s why it’s applied to everyone and not persecution but protection from assholes who would like to have guns to persecute you.

Well yea that’s why it’s applied to everyone and not persecution but protection from assholes who would like to have guns to persecute you.
But it's not applied to everyone, just licensed gun owners.

i always find it funny that threads like this happen/morons in govt/etc say/do shit like this...

right after ukraine is pretty happy that a lot of ukrainians had guns.

Immediately before what you selectively clipped there:

"In a statement released Monday, the RCMP said it only provided banks with the names of convoy organizers and the owners of trucks who had refused to leave the protest area. The RCMP said it did not release an exhaustive list of every donation made.

"

Most bank accounts frozen under the Emergencies Act are being released, committee hears | CBC News

They say they don't release "an exhaustive list" - but they don't say they didn't release a list with donors. At best you can say that is unclear but, particularly when paired with the multiple examples I provided above of people who were just donors that had their accounts frozen, you either have to be dishonestly spinning the situation to make the case you're making, or you have to have information you are not providing.

If you don't have anything better to come back with I will not be responding any more. If you don't have anything to substantiate the claims you're making, it is clear that you've lost this point and you're wasting my time.
Keep on missing the forest for the trees

Not really. I don’t care for you having any gun rights and am totally cool with it being restricted or banned based on hypotheticals alone. No troll whatsoever.
The old "why do you need that" argument. The last refuge of the mentally handicapped.

Well, I'll let you get on with it then. Good luck with your myopia.

The old "why do you need that" argument. The last refuge of the mentally handicapped.

Well, I'll let you get on with it then. Good luck with your myopia.
please do and peacefully without your totally unnecessary firearm, thank you very much.

i would never ask you why you need something that I know you don’t need.

Lol you live ina "safe area"
Life is not safe, never has been.

You're just harmless like a Rabbit, that's all, not virtuous

I'm not trying to virtuous I'm just not going to buy something I don't want or need. And what's wrong with being harmless? I earned myself a combat patch when I spent a year in the Middle East and have prolly experienced more dangerous parts of the world than you ever will.

The town I I've in is very low crime and has next to zero violent crime, so I don't feel that a gun is necessary. I don't mind if other people want to have them, I just don't see a reason for needing one right now.

please do and peacefully without your totally unnecessary firearm, thank you very much.

i would never ask you why you need something that I know you don’t need.

virtually nothing is "needed." i guess we should ban phones, computers, pencils, cups, pizza, automobiles, etc.

but hey, drugs were banned and everyone immediately and forever ceased to get/do them. so bans clearly work!

Back