Canadian Neuropathologist compares CTE to Mad Cow Disease

SandaKicker

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
"That paper over there talked about the mad cow epidemic and how media exposure led to more cases of mad cow disease in a neurotic and fictitious fashion than were actual number of cases"

"patients were coming into their neurologist saying I have mad cow disease that didn't have but simply because of all the media exposure, I think we have a similar phenomenon with CTE probably"

Timestamped;

Also says there is no link between CTE and any neuropsychiatric symptoms, let alone precise premeditated actions such murder or suicide.

Before someone posts something about severe TBI and neuropsychiatric symptoms, that has nothing to do with CTE.

Also 60 elite Neuropathologists sign journal "a call for balance" on CTE reporting;

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laneur/article/PIIS1474-4422(19)30020-1/fulltext

Also says there is no link between CTE and any neuropsychiatric symptoms, let alone precise premeditated actions such murder or suicide.

11612063681-gif.253111

I think a bigger problem is IBS. Not easy sitting in traffic with the threat of diarrhea.

i think CTE teaches dumb people a lesson

i think CTE teaches dumb people a lesson

Sounds like some broscience about it not taking a genius to figure out bumping heads would be bad for the brain.

There is obviously a breaking point, if anyone was baseball batted in the head then they would suffer a severe brain injury and probably die immediately.

On the flip side if I told someone they could fuel their car with petrol or petrol laced with hydrochloric acid on a daily basis it wouldn’t take a genius to figure out the latter engine would clank out first.

There is far more scientific evidence of Obesity and hard drugs causing neurodegenerative disease than habitual participation in contact sports.

If that was what you were getting at.

I believe him. Every since CTE became a think, everyone thinks every fighter has cte. My favorite is how many interviews poster in the heavy will post and say their speech sounds slurred when they sound totally normal.

Same with PTSD. That’s also been massively misdiagnosed. My wife’s a teacher and they have like a whole group of special needs kids now diagnosed with PTSD. It’s pretty ridiculous and I imagine they are doing more harm then good by pretending these kids are all ruined and treating them differently

I held a sheep’s encephalon

I miss my anatomy labs. Holding a human brain was the most surreal thing for me. It was like being a wizard looking at your entire life in a crystal ball. Very humbling.

I miss my anatomy labs. Holding a human brain was the most surreal thing for me. It was like being a wizard looking at your entire life in a crystal ball. Very humbling.
I guess. I mostly just get distracted by the smell of formaldehyde

Wonder what sports team he’s being paid by

He’s being paid by the NHL now but he was speaking out on the issue long before they picked him up.

The lancet article cited 60 scientists speaking out on the media article, I think 55 or 56 of them aren’t officially affiliated with any major sports org.

He’s being paid by the NHL now but he was speaking out on the issue long before they picked him up.

The lancet article cited 60 scientists speaking out on the media article, I think 55 or 56 of them aren’t officially affiliated with any major sports org.
There it is and no he wasn’t

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back