Canadian Boxers vs American Boxers

themmaGoon

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Is Pascal versus Dawson the start of a trend? At lest in the upper middle weights it seems so. Bute will probably beat Ward fairly handily (yes he is Romanian but he resides in and fights from Canada). Can't really blame mma either because the best mma guys in this weight range are grapplers with mediocre at best boxing.

So Europe/Eurasia has already proved dominance over American heavyweights. Will Canada do the same at 168 and 175? It certainly looks like they will.

Pascal handily whipped that ass:icon_twis but Danny Jacobs recently put the kibosh on a potentially lucrative showdown with David Lemieux.
Tavoris Cloud apparently wants Pascal in Canada. Jean is the kingpin now though and may chose to fight Lucian Bute in a blockbuster for hometown supremacy.

You really feel that confident in saying "Bute will probably beat Ward fairly handily"?

No one beats Ward easily. I hate his style, but he is a spoiler and dirty. He knows how to keep his opponents at the range he wants so he can work.

Dirty motha fucka, but effective.

Maybe Bute won't win handily. Think Bute beats him though. Good point from McDuck though. Forgot Ward can get down and dirty if he has to.

No one beats Ward easily. I hate his style, but he is a spoiler and dirty. He knows how to keep his opponents at the range he wants so he can work.

Dirty motha fucka, but effective.

Agree.

Yes, our training strictly consists of fighting at hockey games. The comission is pushing to have the gloves changed to hockey gloves in the ring.

I think Bute may beat Ward but it's far from certain and if he does it'll be a fight.
Also, the tournament is far from done. I still think AA (and maybe someone else, who knows) has a chance to win the super 6, even though everyone acts as if Ward has already won. I expect a competitive fight with Dirrell, let's see who will win this one.

Bute will probably end up fighting the winner of the super 6 but who knows, maybe it won't be Ward, or maybe AA will get out of the tournament before the final, fight Bute and knock him out. Plenty of things could happen

Yes, our training strictly consists of fighting at hockey games. The comission is pushing to have the gloves changed to hockey gloves in the ring.

I think Bute may beat Ward but it's far from certain and if he does it'll be a fight.
Also, the tournament is far from done. I still think AA (and maybe someone else, who knows) has a chance to win the super 6, even though everyone acts as if Ward has already won. I expect a competitive fight with Dirrell, let's see who will win this one.

Bute will probably end up fighting the winner of the super 6 but who knows, maybe it won't be Ward, or maybe AA will get out of the tournament before the final, fight Bute and knock him out. Plenty of things could happen

Abraham will not be beating Ward or Bute. They are both far too slick for him to even compete with. He maybe could beat Dirrell in a rematch, but even on that the odds are not that great.

Back