Can Woodley finally get his due?

woodley made me some money today but still not big fan. Will watch all his fights tho. <5>

He hasn't beaten Wonderboy, IMO. Agreed with the judges and everyone else that scored it a Draw.

He just beat the guy that beat Wonderboy, so that makes him the lineal and rightful Champion but I still think he lost to Wonderboy.

Pretty sure no one ever doubted woodley's skill or ability in anyway, they were just annoyed he was so cautious when we all know just about everyone he's fought he could murder.
That's what makes it seem like there's personal hate for him. Not only did GSP have some fights where he layed and Prayed/wrestlefucked..but so have a lot of fighters..and they did not get the dislike. If Tyron would have ran in like murdering Wonderboy or Damian was an easy thing, he would have lost like their previous opponents and Sherdog would have called him garbage. As far as him crying victim..he has a right..all he did was have nerve enough to ask for a money fight.

He already gets it from people who appreciate a smart and explosive fighter.
giphy.gif

He should have a long time ago.

But now it is all about Till is just young and unproven - while earlier it was Till is gonna smash Tyron.

Damn insane how you people are alreasy trying to rewrite history within just a day

Just go back a couple pages and look at all the threads "Woodley is going to destroy Till/Till is unproven"

Hardly an impressive "accomplishment" for Woodley

That's what makes it seem like there's personal hate for him. Not only did GSP have some fights where he layed and Prayed/wrestlefucked..but so have a lot of fighters..and they did not get the dislike. If Tyron would have ran in like murdering Wonderboy or Damian was an easy thing, he would have lost like their previous opponents and Sherdog would have called him garbage. As far as him crying victim..he has a right..all he did was have nerve enough to ask for a money fight.
Woodley is also outspoken and much of what he says rubs people here the wrong way and he's also a champion.

Woodley is also outspoken and much of what he says rubs people here the wrong way and he's also a champion.

Even if you don't agree with his strong beliefs, you have to respect a man who has them and backs it up when the time comes.

Woodley mostly gets shit on for being boring as fuck inside the cage. His performance tonight was riveting and thus worthy of praise, but if he goes back to putting on a snoozer in his next bout, then he will rightfully get shat on again.

Even if you don't agree with his strong beliefs, you have to respect a man who has them and backs it up when the time comes.
You must be new to this people thing if you really believe that. For the average person, if they don't agree with you, they likely will disregard respect for you in that area, especially when it's on sensitive topics like those Woodley discuss.

Telling haters not to hate is like telling water not be wet.

Hes definitely on another level right now in the WW division and can be regarded as one of the best ever in the division. Thats not gonna be enough for the ones who are claiming hes surpassed GSP though.
I think most would agree he's too old at this point to surpass GSP in legacy. But If Tyron fought prime GSP and Hughes I'd favor him over both. I think what people really mean by Woodley WW GOAT is that he'd beat GSP and Hughes in a strait fight with no legacy or accomplishments involved, and in that sense I tend to agree. I really really wanna see Tyron vs GSP, both guys are very intelligent fighters.

So the till fight finally got you on board? Noob

You must be new to this people thing if you really believe that. For the average person, if they don't agree with you, they likely will disregard respect for you in that area, especially when it's on sensitive topics like those Woodley discuss.

No, kiddo...not new to the game of life. I just remember a time when shit wasn't all 100% believe something and the other guy's opinion sucks. That's your generation, not mine...sonny boy.

old.jpg

That's not exactly a murderers row. He has great talent but his resume isn't with the all time greats yet.
Till 17-1-1
Maia 25-10 (2 title shots in 2 different weight classes)
WB 14-3
Lawler 28-12 (a former defending WW champ)
Gastelum 15-3 (imo about to be MW champ)
DHK 19-4
Condit 30-12 (former interim champ and I thought beat Lawler)
Daley 40-16
Galvão (5 ADCC gold medals, 1 silver, 2 bronze) top 3 BJJ practioner in the world

No easy fight. Has beaten good fighters.

Hes definitely on another level right now in the WW division and can be regarded as one of the best ever in the division. Thats not gonna be enough for the ones who are claiming hes surpassed GSP though.

Woodley is an excellent fighter but yea, Georges won 11 title fights at 170......11. At the rate Woodley fights, which is once a year, he would need to hold the belt until he's 43.

He's one of the most cerebral fighters on the roster. He really studies his opponents and stirs the fights into his strengths.

I wrote about his change in style over the years some time ago.
People seem to forget that he started out as a wrestler with good submission skills.
It wasn't really until the Galvao fight that we got to see his explosiveness shine in the striking department.

I still can't believe that he came in as the underdog in this fight. WTF. MMA odd making is a total joke a lot of the times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back