Can we really say that DC was ever the legit LHW champion?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I don't think we can

He got beat by Jon Jones, 2X, the real, undefeated reigning champion. DC couldn't unanimously win a single round in the mind of the judges, let that sink in.

If we are being honest here, everyone knew that DC was just keeping the belt warm for Jones, I don't think there's much of an argument to be made against that here.

I'm fine with calling him the HW champion at some point, but the LHW belt has always truly belonged to Jon Jones

Can we ever say Jones was the legit LHW champion?

tenor.gif

Absolutely not

yes. and defended it multiple times. end of story.

not his fault jones fucked up.

He was the definition of a paper champion.

DC wasnt a cheating shit bird.

Jon Jones whole career has an asterisk next to it.

DC fought and beat some great LHWs.

All while not having popped for PEDs numerous times.

DC > PED Jones by way of being clean and not cheating.

Forever.

Off of PEDs, Jones would've been knocked unconscious in 1 round.

Integrity over cowardice any forever.

DC had self respect and the respect of the world. Jon Jones doesn't.

Cheaters never prosper.

Didn't you say Jones was going to be banned for 8 years

<JonesLaugh>

He was the definition of a paper champion.
True, and yet I'm still torn due to it not being his fault, and he beat Gus and Rumble(x2) between losses to Jon.

He didnt beat the man who beat the man, that can easily define him as a paper champ.
But finishing Rumble twice bc Jon couldn't fight is always gonna be the most we could ask of him, given the circumstances.

I guess I'm willing to give him a pass, personally speaking anyway

He’s a paper champ. He couldn’t beat the championship regardless if he was on the juice or not.

Why do we care though? Was Nico Montano a real champion? GDR? These belts have been watered down over the last few years, and LHW is not exactly the premier division.

DC is the only fighter in history to ever be awarded a championship via Twitter

Absolutely. After losing to Jones, he became the Champ in his second shot at the title. And then proceeded to defend it until he relinquished it.

Sure, Jones would very, very likely beat him a second time if they fought again. But that has nothing to do with Cormier being the champion.

Q> Can we really say that DC was ever the legit LHW champion?

<36>

Who cares.His fights with Jones were epic.Two hugely skilled fighters that can do everything.

Also I never got this paper champ stuff. Was Max not the real featherweight champion because Conor was stripped?
Was Robert Whittaker a paper champion because he never fought GSP?

DC wasnt a cheating shit bird.

Jon Jones whole career has an asterisk next to it.

DC fought and beat some great LHWs.

All while not having popped for PEDs numerous times.
DC is a cheater also , Having gouged Stipe’s eyes multiple times in the first fight en route to a dirty knockout victory and doing the same in the rematch where despite multiple dirty cheating moves The HW GOAT managed to KO DC stiff.

Back