• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can we just forget the idea that Tony Ferguson would have had anything for Khabib now?

Ur probably right but Tony had an amazing run....Pettis, Cerrone, RDA,Kevin Lee, Barboza. His prime was pretty incredible.

He's been messed up on the ground by guys that even now after not fighting for a few years that Khabib would still bully on the mats.
I wanted to make this thread so badly, but last time I did, I was burned at the stake by all the Khabib haters/Tony dick-riders. So thank you for doing it.
For Christ's sake, Tony had his guard passed by BOBBY. GREEN.
<Hendricks02>
Yes, Tony has fallen off a cliff and is not the fighter he used to be, but getting your guard passed by a boxer?? That is something else entirely.
<6>

I used to laugh at the idea that Tony had anything to offer back then and find it even more amusing now.

Some people really thought that the same Tony that got taken down by Kevin Lee would pose any sort of threat to Khabib.

It's mainly because of the "unknown" factor when it comes to Tony. People knew what other top contenders brought to the table but Tony was a bag of mixed tricks. They wanted to believe that he'd be able to pull a bunny out of the hat and be the one to dethrone Khabib.
I'm so glad someone else gets it.
{<redford}<seedat>

Khabib has a pretty pathetic legacy if you think about it. No other ATG fighter has such a desperate fanbase.

He relies on Islam to win fights for him, apparently whatever Islam accomplishes also goes straight to Khabib's resume.

Everybody he didn't fight eventually declines because they didn't retire in the middle of their prime to prevent a loss like he did. so because they're losing past their primes it means Khabib would have beaten them in their primes.

In other words, this is the only fighter in history who has wins over opponents without actually fighting them. Isn't it amazing?

I think Khabib would’ve ended up winning and pre-Gaethje sending Tony’s brain and chin to the shadow realm I think Tony would’ve made it interesting

in Tony's prime he could've made round 4 and 5 interesting vs Khabib potentially

get mauled for three rounds tony style and then have twice the amount of cardio left than Khabib in the 4th and 5th

In no universe does Tony have twice the cardio of Khabib..

Khabib has better cardio than Tony, more strength, more pressure, more tenacity.

Tony's pressure is like lazy pressure. Khabib is a 100% high-intensity dynamo for the entire fight.

That was the tipical hyped up match that ufc fabricate for the masses, but in the end the outcome will be the same has the last khabib fights.
Only the wishfull thinking of some that believe that Tony will maul khabib from the ground with elbows, just another delirious thaught.

In no universe does Tony have twice the cardio of Khabib..

Khabib has better cardio than Tony, more strength, more pressure, more tenacity.

Tony's pressure is like lazy pressure. Khabib is a 100% high-intensity dynamo for the entire fight.

whatever, I was hyperbole, he'll have cardio and pressure to potentially give Khabib issues in those latter rounds

see how Volk with his cardio and pressure managed to give Islam that worried look in his eyes in the latter round? That's what I'm talking about

no need to speak more, we don't agree and we wont

Rich Franklin vs. David Loiseau
GSP vs Jon Fitch

ok was trying to get an idea of what the poster I was responding to would consider a 5 round mauler.

Using your examples, I can easily consider khabib vs iaquinta to be a 5 round mauler as well then.

again in response to the poster who was claiming khabib has never mauled a guy the whole fight and takes rounds off.

This is why guys retire earlier than they could've.

Because if you continue fighting and give the fans more great moments and scraps, they will use it against you and forget that your 40 years old when you lose.

Nearly every fighter in history is hardly even competitive at the age of 40, if Khabib was fighting at 40 he'd be getting slept too.

Yeah but "elbows from guard bro."

No version of Tony would've survived Khabib.
thank-you-steve.gif

Now or in 2021?

2021 - We have a Fedor vs Crocop level fight

Now - Tony probably gets put in the hospital
Maybe in terms of hype due to the win streak but in terms of competition it would be more like Cro Cop vs Dos Caras or Fedor vs Zuluzinho.

Tony would have nothing to threaten Khabib with, absolutely nothing. With no KO power in his strikes, and his inferior grappling, he would get absolutely dominated like vs Dariush or Oliveira, but only worse.

In fact Caras and Zulu had a better chance against Mirko and Fedor, at least they were big guys who could have potentially landed an unlikely knockout strike. I see no path to victory for Tony against a guy with Khabib’s skill set.

You're kidding right? No one is gonna have "twice the amount of cardio left" than Khabib, especially after going 3 rounds with him and getting mauled as you put it. LOL
You sound like Dominik Cruz - "Tony is getting mauled here to tire Khabib out".

Nah you sound exactly like dominick "i m right all the time even if i m wrong" cruz

That was the tipical hyped up match that ufc fabricate for the masses, but in the end the outcome will be the same has the last khabib fights.
Only the wishfull thinking of some that believe that Tony will maul khabib from the ground with elbows, just another delirious thaught.

Delirious or delicious?

Back