• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can we get an OFFICIAL food/cooking forum?

Supper tonight.

Rotisserie pork loin, with pineapple, apple, onion, chipotle pepper, habanero pepper, Brown sugar, butter and balsamic vinegar topping, basmati rice, Caesar salad and jalapeño poppers.

9t0pePZ.jpg

1iMP701.jpg

CMZcQ4b.jpg

6aVDUkX.jpg

bdj3TtT.jpg

I concur, I make it at home often.

Home made egg, chicken and shrimp ramen with red onion, bean sprout, lettuce, peas and corn. Sriracha and chilli paste for heat.

4NulBAF.jpg

4V6gW9I.jpg

I make stock from katsuobushi, konbu and chicken or pork bones. If I have extra I freeze it. We have a Asian market to get my noodles.

Fell in love with Japanese food when I lived in Tokyo.

BTW your ramen looks fantastic.

Supra up in dis bih

1. Blurry low light photography
  2. Cheap tupperware
  3. Chicken in everything
  4. Get real defensive

Did you cook that cupcake in an orange peel?

On a muffin tray on the bbq but yes in the orange peel.

When the recipe calls for water in the batter i used the squeezed orange juice and zest. So it tasted chocolate and orange like. Some people will do this and wrap it in tin foil and put on coals during camping. I improvised when my oven was busted.

I grew up eating shit. My mom was an aweful cook and we would eat the same 5 meals every week.. most of them bullshit microwaved food.

Now That I'm pushing 30, all of a sudden my mom's making these badass dishes from scratch and really putting effort into it.

Like wtf where was this for my childhood
Man, internet makes cooking easier than back in the day. Instant recipes and YouTube videos on how to cook anything available. And cooking is sexy now. Back in the day cooking was just for nourishment was the common thought. Red lobster was a fancy restaurant. Now, everyone knows what Michelin stars are because of all the cooking shows. Thank you, Anthony Bourdain, emril, food network and top chef! Made me know there’s a whole big world of food out there. Made me want to up my game big time.

Last edited:
Getting colder and colder so recipes like this are key to combat the cold.

https://www.simplyquinoa.com/crockpot-sweet-potato-black-bean-quinoa-chili/

This is awesome. I added carrots and celery, plus made it a 1 full cup of quinoa as oppose to 1/2 cup....highly recommend.

I have never thought of using quinoa instead of rice, I'm going to have to give that a shot. I wanted basmati with the chilli I made last week but my wife wanted garlic bread. She normally eats rice at every meal so I'm not sure if it was to spite me but it ended up being awesome anyway.

tljfooY.jpg

1KFQxFH.jpg

h70Fopg.jpg

I put in a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in because of a video I saw on YouTube and they were awesome. I will be adding these in every chilli I make from now on.

Caiuypc.jpg

I have never thought of using quinoa instead of rice, I'm going to have to give that a shot. I wanted basmati with the chilli I made last week but my wife wanted garlic bread. She normally eats rice at every meal so I'm not sure if it was to spite me but it ended up being awesome anyway.

tljfooY.jpg

1KFQxFH.jpg

h70Fopg.jpg

I put in a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in because of a video I saw on YouTube and they were awesome. I will be adding these in every chilli I make from now on.

Caiuypc.jpg
Looking mighty tasty. Quinoa is killer in a chili bro. Good call on the adobo chipotles. I myself used a smoked Chipotle chili powder. Same effect you could say. However I might have to try a can next batch

This would-be forum also has potential for topics on growing, foraging, hunting, butchering, farming, canning, pickling, gardening, composting, chickens, ducks, other livestock/pets, smoking, curing, grilling etc and much more. So much more than just cooking. The more I think about it the more I like it. I know there's a ton of people on this forum with a lot of knowledge in these areas and I for one would love to pick all their brains.

I'm a big fan of leftovers ramen.

Had leftover kimchi, ribs and rotisserie chicken from the other day so I got lazy and made ramen. Corn, carrots, lettuce, green and red onion, garlic, ginger, pork rib meat, chicken, eggs and kimchi.

43GeCt5.jpg

It looks like shit but considering it was made from leftovers it tasted great.

Get a box of this;
3bd7f840-2aba-4b01-aeb4-a37a368104a7_1.97562a58cc6a17b80950551628459209.jpeg

Put some on a microwaveable plate, mix in water to make a paste and cook in the microwave for 2.5 minutes. I make a plate sized pancake. I like butter on pancakes so I melt some on the plate first and mix it in. Quick, easy, no pan to clean.

Thought I might share this even though it's past halloween. My wife always goes all out when sending in treats for my son and this halloween I thought that it all turned out great.

M3PYjBc.jpg

YwuUPN8.jpg

ErOdDSG.jpg

EuB7lrM.jpg

vGMBdzV.jpg

Chocolate covered strawberry ghosts with sour gummy worms, orange pumpkins with celery for stalks, prosciutto covered skull with olive eyes, cheese and crackers and some store bought no nut mini cupcakes.

Anyone else send in stuff for their kids school holidays?

Rotisserie chicken thighs, butternut squash, tossed salad. Marinated the chicken in vinegar, habanero peppers and Italian dressing overnight and also made a glaze for before it went into the rotisserie out of mangos, garlic and brown sugar.

Prep work.

ppgbO1b.jpg

jXZDsLJ.jpg

16ll6Sy.jpg

HG8o5F4.jpg

Everything's done.

9lfTCmX.jpg

TvV7Xnm.jpg

DDpvrfT.jpg

I'm a big fan of leftovers ramen.

Had leftover kimchi, ribs and rotisserie chicken from the other day so I got lazy and made ramen. Corn, carrots, lettuce, green and red onion, garlic, ginger, pork rib meat, chicken, eggs and kimchi.

43GeCt5.jpg

It looks like shit but considering it was made from leftovers it tasted great.

I prefer the traditional toppings.

chukasoba.jpg

Back