• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can we finally drop the best boxer in mma talk , it's mma hand fighting

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
In light of the greatest known "boxer" in mma getting beat pillar to post with ease .

It has become very evident as john kavanagh has said they don't practice boxing , they train in mma hand combat .

A whole different technique!!
As an mma fan this makes more sense , so can we finally drop the outdated talk of best boxer in mma and finally talk about the highly evolved art of mma hand fighting ?

Other than Conor who else has elite mma hand fighting ?

Conor McGregor
Cody Garbrandt
Aleksander Gustaffson

Not much else...

Holly Holm is the most decorated boxer currently fighting in MMA I think?

Holly Holm is the one a-level boxer in all of MMA.Everyone else punches,can't box worth a shit.

name 1 top 10 boxer conor wouldnt flatline. he took TBE to 10 rounds (early stoppage too) in his debut

name 1 top 10 boxer conor wouldnt flatline. he took TBE to 10 rounds (early stoppage too) in his debut

tenor.gif

"hand fighting" is a term that can be understood to include grappling, so I'm fine with using "boxing."

Conor McGregor
Cody Garbrandt
Aleksander Gustaffson

Not much else...
Nice picks , Yeah Cody for sure , his hand fighting is probably the best , dudes annoying though so many won't give him props ?

In light of the greatest known "boxer" in mma getting beat pillar to post with ease .

It has become very evident as john kavanagh has said they don't practice boxing , they train in mma hand combat .

As an mma fan this makes more sense , so can we finally drop the outdated talk of best boxer in mma and finally talk about the highly evolved art of mma hand fighting ?

First of all... put your shirt back on you fairie fuuck! Second, which fight did you watch that anyone beat anyone, pillar to post? First 5 rounds were McGregor's, he gassed, as we all thought he would, then he got beat. 10 rounds with the "goat" of the modern era of boxing is not getting beat pillar to post.

The fight was a victory for MMA as it proved that an MMA elitist can hang with a boxing elitist with only 3 months training but no way in hell could a boxer hang with an MMA fighter within that same time frame.

Hand fighting is a dumb term as well considering there are kicks involved.
Even if a kick isn't thrown you have to be conscious of the possibility of one coming your way and defend and distance yourself properly for it.

MMA is a mixture of kickboxing and muay thai. Simple as that.

First of all... put your shirt back on you fairie fuuck! Second, which fight did you watch that anyone beat anyone, pillar to post? First 5 rounds were McGregor's, he gassed, as we all thought he would, then he got beat. 10 rounds with the "goat" of the modern era of boxing is not getting beat pillar to post.

The fight was a victory for MMA as it proved that an MMA elitist can hang with a boxing elitist with only 3 months training but no way in hell could a boxer hang with an MMA fighter within that same time frame.
Former UFC hw champ Tim Sylvia got Ko'd by a boxer in MMA ya clown.

Hand fighting is a dumb term as well considering there are kicks involved.
Even if a kick isn't thrown you have to be conscious of the possibility of one coming your way and defend and distance yourself properly for it.

MMA is a mixture of kickboxing and muay thai. Simple as that.
I'll take the word of a world class trainer over you , straight up don't post if you don't know

I don't entirely agree with this post boxing/striking is relevant talk when it comes to mma hand fighting is just a natural process of mma not much training required in that area. When I coached little league football we had to teach the kidz hand fighting to get past linemen.

When you say hand fighting I think of men clenched fighting for position or a guy fighting off a choke, not striking or boxing. So for any poster to bring up mma boxing I find it relevant and to ask the question who might be the best mma boxer a fair question, hand fighting and loose boxing are all part of mma that would be the "mixed" part of mma.

'Hand combat' ... sure, whatever. Call it what you want.

'Hand fighting' as stated in your title already specifically refers to fighting for dominant (or effective) hand position with the opponent's hands while grappling.

Don't make everything worse while trying to improve it, please.

Back