End time: Saturday, June 9th @ 11:59 PM, PST

Shoyoroll Presale #2:

What: Uni-Blue Pro Tech Gi
When: Start time: Sunday, June 10th @ 8AM, PST
End time: Sunday, June 10th @ 11:59 PM, PST

it say for guma members only

first what is a guma member?
second i have been waiting for the Ring gi to com e on presale batch 12 i think
why does Shoyoroll do this and does anyone knwo when the Ring is coming out?

GUMA makes you that much cooler than the average SYR nerd because you get 'perks' like this. GUMA cost money to sign up for and in return you got some crappy Canal St quality gear and the exclusive opportunity to donate your money to pay for production on a uber limited gi you'll get 4 months later.

That's basically it, you'll get your chance to pre-order your Ring or whatever public release they have coming up when it's time.

They're a fashion statement, nothing more. Like buying a Lucky Gi but slightly less douchey.

I’m not normally a shoyroll fan but I do like the black with purple stitching. I have never seen that elsewhere
Normally i don’t give a crap but have wanted that gi since I saw the mock up
they said presale would be June sometime and now they have this presale in June which gets me confused if batch 12 is delayed or not or if they are releasing 4 gi
So confusing with this company

You pay a membership to get the oppertunity to pre order a mid tier gi at a high price that you have to wait months to get.

Or you could take your chances at a retailer that has SYR gi, but chances are slim and you still pay the high price for the mid tier gi and wait months to get it.

Never really got the SYR hype. You pay for a brazillian quality gi but get one made in Pakistan.:)

But some fall for the hype and give into the marketing ploy that they are so unique and limited that they must be had I guess..

Rebel against the mainstream! Become a bjj hipster by spending $200 on an average, Pakistani manufactured gi! Buy the gi based on napkin-drawing images they post online! Yay!

The only thing I like about SYR is that they support some up and coming athletes but overall, all the hype and people's attitude towards them has made me dislike the brand.

and if you people are any indication, they're quickly becoming unfashionable :p

I'm hearing a bit of negativity towards SYR.
what gi do you guys prefer?

I've been doing no gi for a while but I'm looking to get a new gi

I was looking at the atama mundial but they're pricey too

suggestions?

Rebel against the mainstream! Become a bjj hipster by spending $200 on an average, Pakistani manufactured gi! Buy the gi based on napkin-drawing images they post online! Yay!

The only thing I like about SYR is that they support some up and coming athletes but overall, all the hype and people's attitude towards them has made me dislike the brand.

yep

I'm hearing a bit of negativity towards SYR.
what gi do you guys prefer?

I've been doing no gi for a while but I'm looking to get a new gi

I was looking at the atama mundial but they're pricey too

suggestions?

If you like the Atama Mundial and want to pay less, go for a Padilla and Son's Gold Weave. Below is the one I purchased, its a fantastic Gi for the price.

Padilla & Sons Gold Weave - White

lol well said and agree on all points. In before some SYR nuthugger comes in here and goes apesh*t.

Can someone explain me shoyroll gi's?

21716985.jpg

in my opinion they are good Gis, comfortable, dont rip easily, and have a unique look to them. They are pricey though. Theyre trying to bring a fashion statement to jiu jitsu, nothing wrong with that.

great gis. All of my gis currently are shoyoroll, they've definitely been higher quality than my koral/howard.

They offer something that people want: Flashy gis that are quality and do the job.

There's a reason there isn't just a single gi available to everyone; some people like the basic look, and some like more flash.

That said, I've never worn a SYR, so I don't know anything technical about them.

people say SYR is pricey

I have a only ever had Amata i have 3 of them and used them for that last 6 years

i remember 5 years ago i bought mine online for about 250

i have not fallen into the hype i just like how batch 12 looks

basically are what people saying is that SRY is the affliction or tapout of the gi industry?

people say SYR is pricey

I have a only ever had Amata i have 3 of them and used them for that last 6 years

i remember 5 years ago i bought mine online for about 250

i have not fallen into the hype i just like how batch 12 looks

basically are what people saying is that SRY is the affliction or tapout of the gi industry?

I think people are saying that the SYR ia too flashy than it needs to be, since it does the same thing any other gi does.

I disagree with that logic, and I think that if a person likes a specific design, they should have the option to wear it.

but it terms of price i dont think they are expensive or cheap

but back to batch 12 any idea when presale is and why do they have a special so close to the batch 12 launch

Back