Can Shahbazyan ever be elite under Tarverdyan?

Couch Ninja

The Duster King
@Black
Reaction score
Let's go ahead and get to the elephant in the room, boys. Obviously, Edmen is young and has loads of potential. BUT will he ever have a chance to rise up the ranks under a coach like HEAD MOVEMENT??? We all know what that Firas Zhabi-wannabe did to Ronda Rousey; pretty much helped end her career by turning her into a fake striker. So why would anyone think Ol' HEAD MOVEMENT is capable of taking a young talent like Shahbazyan to the top? I think if Edmen wants to go to the next level, he's going to have to chuck that clueless windbag of a coach off him and get into a real gym. Am I wrong? Or does Shahbazyan just need more HEAD MOVEMENT!!!!!!

edmond-taverdyan-780987.jpg

This video sums it up

ROFL <45> Bwahahahahaha!!!! OMG I can't breathe!!!! That is so fucking funny LMAO :D
The hoarse Edmond at the end is a beautiful touch, I'm literally dying right now
"And then you can do whatever you want!"
I'm seriously not going to make it XD

Edmund is not an elite coach. He’s never taken a talented fighter and coached them in sharpening their skills to the point where they were elite. The only elite fighter he’s ever coached was Ronda, who was an elite martial artist when she walked in the door.

Ronda was, so why not?

Seriously, he probably learned a lot over the years, but he is 22 and may be best he goes to other camps to learn more and work on weaknesses.

Doubt it, he is done. Exposed. He needs to retire. He wont be able to cut it in the ufc.
I know you are being sarcastic, but my opinion isn't much farther from what you decided to parrot in sarcasm. Long story short, i expect him to go on a losing streak if the UFC tries to give him top 10.

Ronda was, so why not?

Seriously, he probably learned a lot over the years, but he is 22 and may be best he goes to other camps to learn more and work on weaknesses.
But how much did Edmen really have to do with that? Ronda came in at a perfect time where the talent pool was not even close to the depth it has now. Isn't Edmen a boxing coach? Other than her knocking Betche out, her boxing didnt seem all that impressive.

gotta remember Conner made it to the top with no gas tank. Just got to aggressively go for finish.

Edmund is not an elite coach. He’s never taken a talented fighter and coached them in sharpening their skills to the point where they were elite. The only elite fighter he’s ever coached was Ronda, who was an elite martial artist when she walked in the door.
Umm...he has got Edmund this far...pretty sure with some adjustments to his conditioning he beats Brunson 9/10. This is not the first time a young fighter lost...and it wont be the last, difference is with Edmund he clearly was doing well until well..he gassed, it wasnt like he was dominated.

MMA fans are very odd...I mean why waste time and energy hating on and disrespecting the mans coach? Its comes off as..well pathetic.

Let's go ahead and get to the elephant in the room, boys. Obviously, Edmen is young and has loads of potential. BUT will he ever have a chance to rise up the ranks under a coach like HEAD MOVEMENT??? We all know what that Firas Zhabi-wannabe did to Ronda Rousey; pretty much helped end her career by turning her into a fake striker. So why would anyone think Ol' HEAD MOVEMENT is capable of taking a young talent like Shahbazyan to the top? I think if Edmen wants to go to the next level, he's going to have to chuck that clueless windbag of a coach off him and get into a real gym. Am I wrong? Or does Shahbazyan just need more HEAD MOVEMENT!!!!!!

edmond-taverdyan-780987.jpg

Depending on whether or not you believe he should be top 10 right now or even top 15, I would argue he already is elite. When you're top 15 in the world you're literally in the top 2%

Now whether or not he can win a title or crack the top 5, I don't think so

But how much did Edmen really have to do with that? Ronda came in at a perfect time where the talent pool was not even close to the depth it has now. Isn't Edmen a boxing coach? Other than her knocking Betche out, her boxing didnt seem all that impressive.

Rewatched that fight the other day, Ronda’s stroking was godawful in that fight as well. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. If Ronda has started her mma career a few years later she would be an absolute can.

As far as skill goes, yes, I'd be more worried about his gas tank, which is much harder to fix.

Ronda was, so why not?

Please name all the skills Ronda learned from Edmond. No, really. Name them.

The truth is she was already an Olympic Judoka and fought at a time when most WMMA fighters weren't that skilled. The one skilled fighter of her time, Cyborg, she refused to fight and cut to 135 rather than risk a fight with Cyborg.

Ronda didn't learn anything from Edmond. I could have trained her at least as effectively as he did, and I don't know shit.

Back