Can JUnk Food Or Just Overly Eating Have A Bad Affect On FItness Or SPorts Performanc

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by FightOrDie007, Jan 8, 2013.

1. FightOrDie007

FightOrDie007 Banned Banned

So I have a boxing fight coming up and I am doing a lot of running right now and I am a couple of kg's below my actual weight which is a disadvantage to my opponents. I;m just wondering if there is any fallbacks of eating loads of food this week and packing on some non muscle weight and is this a good idea. I'm not talking about junk food but just lots of food and steak and eating before bed to keep my weigh high. I am doing a lot of running aswell.

2. xfightcityx

xfightcityx Green Belt

Only if it fits your macros.

3. Slick_36

Slick_36 Bad Man from Borger, Texas

Lol feel free to explain what you're talking about. The kid is obviously new to this.

4. xfightcityx

xfightcityx Green Belt

I don't know his boxing style. He might be a pressure fighter and if so he could use his weight advantage. I figure all he has to do it fill his micro and macro needs and if he feels hungry just chow down on some poptarts. Depending on his style he could use his added fattness to smoother and bully the other fighter.

5. Slick_36

Slick_36 Bad Man from Borger, Texas

How much weight could you gain in a week without slowing yourself down though? Seems like it could really damage his speed. He still has to make weight too.

6. LoveandFight

LoveandFight White Belt

If you want to put on size/weight while minimizing the amount of pure Fat you put on, increasing your Calories by a 300-500 calories to start would be a better idea than gorging yourself with food. Then you can bump if up to 600-800 and slowly increase them from there.

@xfightcityx is referring to "Macro Nutrients" aka Macros which = Carb, Protein, and Fat. Doing some research on this will make things more clear...

7. Noblet10

Noblet10 Purple Belt

It's too late for this fight. Just eat healthily for this fight. Don't overdo it. Now, in the future, you can increase the food you take in by eating more complex carbs and high proteins to add more weight that will benefit you. Now, you should also arguably exercise a bit more to put the extra food intake to use, not just let it store into fat.

8. SmashPassSubmit

SmashPassSubmit White Belt

Not to be mean, but my first thought after reading the title and the first post was that OP needs to learn to keep his hands up better.

But yes, it's likely too late without sacrificing speed, endurance, general overall feeling good.