Can I get a ruling from the grappling forum?

vanguard_anon

Clever user title
Reaction score
Ok, so let's say that hypothetically somebody wrote on sherdog that they were going to tap you soon. Let's go on to say that this person *cough* fight_song *cough* is about 0-12 to you in taps. Finally, let's observe that this person didn't make class at all this week.

Would you this person was dodging you? Would you say they were p3wned? Or would you say something else?

Thanks for you help. :p

PS It's all in good fun fs, I hope to see your Tuesday. :cool:

i've been injecting roids into my neck all week. i'll catch up with you monday or tuesday and we can iron things out.

i did reply to something you posted on some thread i cant remember here. said i'd be in greensboro for a week. working all this weekend and back on monday. did i miss anything special? btw my gi is all covered in lint and shit so it's definately in no condition for rolling. $110 for that damn piece of crap... pfft gi's.

btw, do you know if millenium has some bonus or something for cheap membership for use of the weights? i've been trying everywhere near me but im running out of options. cheap access to good free weights is something that's been hard to come by since i graduated high school. i've been hoping for something in biking distance but i guess i could pull off a few lifts before bjj training and not have too much trouble on the mat. not like i muscle or anything.

lastly, have you attended any of the muay thai at millenium? work has got me with a much more open schedule so i'm going to give stand up a shot soon. the only, and really annoying problem is that the main bjj and mt classes overlap. wtf is that shit? i'd be going wed and fri for an hour or so and bjj on mon-friday.

it might sound like im going overboard but it's mma or sitting on my ass fixing bikes.

Damn and I thought that from reading fight_song's posts that he was like some sort of grappling badass.

Fight_Song said:
btw my gi is all covered in lint and shit so it's definately in no condition for rolling. $110 for that damn piece of crap... pfft gi's.
I don't remember my gi doing that. Then again, maybe it's just harder to see because it's white. Here's my advice to you, "Wash your shit!" :)

Fight_Song said:
btw, do you know if millenium has some bonus or something for cheap membership for use of the weights?
I don't remember how much it is but they do have a discount for the guys that train BJJ there. At least they did when I signed up.

Fight_Song said:
i guess i could pull off a few lifts before bjj training and not have too much trouble on the mat. not like i muscle or anything.
/woody shoots water out of his nose
You owe me a new keyboard :)

Fight_Song said:
lastly, have you attended any of the muay thai at millenium? <snip> and really annoying problem is that the main bjj and mt classes overlap.
I agree, that really sucks. Given that I have the wife and kids I don't have the free time to get out more than I do now (three times a week) but I can see how it would suck for you. Things have improved though. Monday is the advanced class so that's an option. Wednesday has just changed from vale tudo to no-gi class, so that's another option. Probably the best bet is to do BJJ on Tuesday and Thursday for the next few months then switch nights. Sadly, you'll be 0-60 to me by then, you'll switch nights, then I'll talk trash on Sherdog about you dodging me. :icon_twis</snip>

Lint on your gi?

Better just give up on ever going to class again. Or, don't store it under your bed/behind your drier.

Hypothetically, let's say somebody missed class because there was lint on his gi. Would you say he was dodging me? :cool:

vanguard_anon said:
Hypothetically, let's say somebody missed class because there was lint on his gi. Would you say he was dodging me? :cool:

Maybe he was protecting your health...

Dust%20Mites.jpg

These guys would own you on the mat.

/woody studies the picture

Well, I don't think I'll be able to choke them but with six legs they just have to be open for the kneebar.

vanguard_anon said:

Well, I don't think I'll be able to choke them but with six legs they just have to be open for the kneebar.

Flow like water...

Sohei said:
Damn and I thought that from reading fight_song's posts that he was like some sort of grappling badass.
wrestling yes, bjj no.

stephensharp said:
Lint on your gi?

Better just give up on ever going to class again. Or, don't store it under your bed/behind your drier.
when i washed it in the washer and there's where it got all the lint. a lot of people said not to throw it in the dryer because the heat can be bad so i just hung it up. i'll probably just do a low heat spin in the dryer to get the lint off and see how that goes.

vanguard_anon said:

Eight legs actually...

vanguard_anon said:

The early stages of a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioner:
1) Beginner - "It looked easy when I saw it in the UFC."
2) White Belt with 1 stripe - "Humility - tapping is better than snapping"
3) White Belt with 2 to 3 stripes - "I can take anyone (with no grappling experience)!"
4) White Belt with 4 stripes - "I can take anyone (with no grappling experience and no athleticism)!

those freakin lint mites may cause ring worm, heat rash, gassin out, and may need a dose of febreze.
ever think about a lint brush....i ihavent ever had lint on my gi, and it sits in the back of my truck in a tool box. maybe a little grease, but that makes it harder to arm bar me

Walt Ruckus said:
Eight legs actually...

It brings up the eternal question: More limbs = more opportunities to submit your opponent or more opportunity to be submitted by your opponent? Better to be the octopus or the clam?

Coach Couzo said:
The early stages of a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioner:
1) Beginner - "It looked easy when I saw it in the UFC."
2) White Belt with 1 stripe - "Humility - tapping is better than snapping"
3) White Belt with 2 to 3 stripes - "I can take anyone (with no grappling experience)!"
4) White Belt with 4 stripes - "I can take anyone (with no grappling experience and no athleticism)!

Back