Can GSP really make 155 or is he just jiving?

If Rumble Johnson could make welterweight, GSP can definitely make lightweight.

So true but
This was pre USADA with the help of diuretics IV etc . These days it seems harder to make weight.

I doubt it. He is a pretty big guy. 155 talks started coming up when the UFC wanted him to fight Anderson.

As far as I know he's not in the usada testing pool. He can do whatever he wants until a fights signed. Then he will enter the pool as a guy coming out of retirement. Lesnar also had the same deal and we remember the markhunt fiasco. He'll make the Ishtar.

As far as I know he's not in the usada testing pool. He can do whatever he wants until a fights signed. Then he will enter the pool as a guy coming out of retirement. Lesnar also had the same deal and we remember the markhunt fiasco. He'll make the Ishtar.
Why wouldn't he be in the testing pool? He recently hinted at the Dec Toronto card as his possible next venue. That's 5 months away. GSP usually knows his shit .

can he make 155 from simply dehydrating from where he is now? not bloody likely.

can he make 155 if given the time to more naturally drop some weight and then make the rest of the cut, as everyone does? sure, why not?

I think GSP can work more cardio and endurance training into his regimen, and probably eat a leaner diet. That would get his camp weight down to ~175, and he could cut 20 pounds from there. It's definitely doable, and we know GSP has the mental fortitude to see the weight cut through.

Why wouldn't he be in the testing pool? He recently hinted at the Dec Toronto card as his possible next venue. That's 5 months away. GSP usually knows his shit .
I wouldn't be so sure, we're talking about a guy that's been hit in the head a bunch & also has had issues with aliens.

So true but
This was pre USADA with the help of diuretics IV etc . These days it seems harder to make weight.
Yeah, but you're talking about a guy who is suited for LHW making WW, two class drop. For GSP, it's just a one class drop and he's one of the most disciplined guys out there. I doubt he would try to make it a huge impossible cut anyway. I bet he's already been dieting to get his weight down. He was around 185-190 walking around, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets himself down to 180 max to cut to lightweight. And given his age, maybe even a little lower. He'd lose some muscle, but so what, I don't think he'd miss it.

He has been tested once in the second quarter of 2018, so unless he just left he would still be in the testing pool

Maybe but I'm not sure he cares to do so.

I think if Conor wins you'll see a massive push by him and Conor to fight at like 165 catch weight for nothing more than a massive payday between two of the best in the sport. I truly believe GSP has very little interest in holding the 155 belt or even worrying about the weight cut at this point.

He can make 125. Just dont eat for a year.

Maybe but I'm not sure he cares to do so.

I think if Conor wins you'll see a massive push by him and Conor to fight at like 165 catch weight for nothing more than a massive payday between two of the best in the sport. I truly believe GSP has very little interest in holding the 155 belt or even worrying about the weight cut at this point.

Exactly what I'm thinking. It doesn't have to be for the belt. Conor draws huge numbers and so did GSP. The new meets old and brings huge numbers.

he looked super lean in his most recent interview. i think he can make 155

they will fight at 165 and open a new division, crown a new champ

GSP is in the testing pool and was last tested 07/06/18

And USADA now requires 6 months in the testing pool (whereas it used to be 4 months)
Correct. But haters gonna hate and idiots gonna spew made up shit without knowing the facts.

This place has gone insane with anti-GSP hate.

If he signs to make 155 then he'll make 155. The question is if he will be the same after the cut.

Back